Bulkhead question

Does anyone ( @Pauly ?) happen to know if the window in an official VW Kombi carpeted bulkhead is actually glass (such that a small chip could be invisibly repaired)??

I've done the basic 'touch test' and it feels cool like glass, whereas perspex would have a warmer touch

Cheers

I thought it was plastic/Perspex but don’t have one anymore to look at ??

If it is glass it will have a visible stamp like all automotive glass of either toughened or laminated.
Good point thanks. I'll take a bright light to it and look around the edges for any such markings.

It's hard to tell @Pauly . It's optically very clear, quite thick and seems like glass to touch and the sound of knocking it is like glass as well but I'm not 100%

:laugh: .... well that's a clear statement.

Are these Motexion ?? Is that different from a VW dealer one, I'm never sure if they're the same thing ??

They are the same, the VW embossed logo was dropped from them some time last year i think

I’ve had a Window fitted in my Factory Panel Van Bulkhead that didn’t originally have one

A friend of mine owns a Window Supply & Installations place and got me a genuine VW Window, with the VW Logo in the bottom corner of the glass, for £27 from TPS then just cut it in, perfect! They also do a slider to allow some ventilation into the back if required but that was £285, window only......

Back