BULKHEAD OPTIONS

Graham Brand

I have just taken delivery of my new T6 150 DSG Highline Panel Van.

It was a stock vehicle with lots of extras including a Factory fitted Tilt and slide sunroof.

However due to the sunroof the bulkhead comes built as a 1/2 height bulkhead as standard.

I can only assume because of a conflict of where roof slides back into where the fixing of a full height bulkhead would have normally been.

Has anyone had experience of this and maybe could offer a solution as to how to extend the 1/2 bulkhead to a full bulkhead to eliminate some of the road noise from the back of the van.

Many Thanks

If road noise is the only issue rather than you actually requiring a full height bulkhead; it may worth looking at sound deadening the back? Lots of threads on here relating to sound deadening.

I would also prefer not be able to view into the back as it will be used for carrying appliances etc. but I will have a look at the sound deadening options if I cannot resolve the bulkhead.

Many Thanks

Thank you for the link.

I will investigate further with VW if the OEM Bulkhed is an option.

If so ,it would be a good compromise.

Hi Graham ,got full height b head in my t5 with sun roof . Purchased top section of b head and cut the top as necessary to fit. The sides are fixed with genuine brackets ,the base connects top the lower section b head and the cut edge is not fixed . The whole of the b head was covered with van lining carpet which head deaden the tinny sound and if wrapped over the top cut edge help protect the roof lining . Hope this helps.

Thanks thats good advice.

You obviously had the same thoughts as myself.

Was the top section a Genuine VW Part ?

Is it in 2 sections i.e top/bottom or one piece.

Im not quite sure what will work best with the sunroof fitted in my own.

If you are taking it out what would you want for it ?

Thanks

Yes , but didn't buy it as a part from vw but removed it from the first t5 without sun roof.
The b heads should all be the same pattern regardless of the the style . May be some on fleebay if you intend to cover it
Second hand would probably do the job.

Back