Brake upgrade

IrishT6

Hi all, over here in Ireland we don’t badge as t28 or t30 and so on so how do I tell what mine is?
I’d like to fit bigger front callipers

A close up of the existing caliper would have been the best shot but they look like the small ones to me. To change to bigger ones I think you are going to need a change of suspension (dampers) as well as hubs, along with the bigger discs, calipers and pads.

I answered your other comment this morning, all the info is written on your van

To clarify, there are 2 types of brakes fitted on the T6. A quick search on the forum will tell you about them, but the most obvious way to spot the difference is the front disc diameter.
The bigger brakes aren’t just fitted on T32’s, in fact there may be T32’s with smaller brakes.

Pete

WV2 vin number means its some form of passenger carrier, a shuttle or caravelle im guessing so they dont fit into the strict T28/T30/T32 designations

Aaaaah ok that makes more sense
It’s actually called a Kombi over here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, the KOMBI has a load are behind a bulkhead wall behind the rear (middle row) of seats, and no windows in the rear sides,
If you already have the big brake calipers there is little you can do apart from changing up to Porsche discs, pads and calipers £££££
These are big brake calipers
bigbrakes.jpeg
Small

smallbrakes.jpg

Last edited:
No, the KOMBI has a load are behind a bulkhead wall behind the rear (middle row) of seats, and no windows in the rear sides,
If you already have the big brake calipers there is little you can do apart from changing up to Porsche discs, pads and calipers £££££
These are big brake calipers
View attachment 187301
Small

View attachment 187302
No I understand that, and that version over in Ireland is called a crewcab, it should be listed as a shuttle but it isn’t I’ve no idea why

Back