Boost Leak? Bad Mpg And Loss Of Umph Up Hill.

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I think I may have a boost leak. My MPG is poor for a 150. My 2.5 5cyl 174 T5 had better mpg for instance so I am wondering what the problem could be.
I can hear a hissing when accelerating so I am heading towards a boost leak.

Is there any "common" places I should look to start with? So I have a starting point rather then fumbling around with it.
It is a 2016 2ltr 150 with 13k on the clock. Its had a new inlet manifold 3k miles ago. That was done before I picked it up from the dealer. Its out of vw warranty.

The first place I'd look is the fitment of the new inlet manifold. Get it back to the dealer that did the work and ask them to investigate. Do you know why it had a new inlet manifold fitted as that could be related.

Im a tad worried they will tell me to shuve off because the van now has a pop top and the back is in full swing of being converted. Far from what they sold me. Its currently in storage so need to get down and have a look.

The dealers know the score for most private buyers - they expect them to have been made into a day-van or full camper the next time they see it. Definitely get in touch with the dealer that did the work on the inlet manifold.

Ah cool. In that case I will take it in and see if they will.
I was supposed to be picking the van up and a tech took it to get fuel and apparently the light came on, after a scan it showed inlet manifold was at fault. No idea why, I did not ask much I just wanted to be the proud owner of a T6 ha ha.

Ill try get it out of storage at the weekend and take it to vw, ill update so we can atleast add it to the search of somewhere to check.

Back