Blackout and Thermal

Hi all. I have had a look through the previous threads but can’t find an answer to my question.

With regards to thermal and blackout for the front windscreen and side windows. Am I better getting something that fits the above inside or outside? Will either make any difference to condensation? TIA

Hi, loads of threads, here's one to start.

Personally I think internal screens are useless, you end up with condensation running between the windscreen and the cover.

External thermal screen, combined with opening the side windows an inch or so (preferably with wind deflectors) is the better way to avoid condensation.

Reactions: Bav
Regarding external window covers I've got a morbid fear that someone might pull back the cover in the middle of the night and see the state of our camper after less than a week on holiday.:whistle:
As for condensation from behind our Kira quilted internal covers that's really only a thing at the start and end of the camping year and not an issue with the roof up and the side panel nets open plus I like licking the windows anyway.:tongue bounce:

Never tried external covers but I think both have their merits/disadvantages.

For me the risk of scratching the paint or wind deflectors with external covers (just dislike scratches all round tbh) and the fact they might get soaked or shat on and then need ‘action’ before being put away means I put up with the condensation issues we get with the internals. Plus I don’t have to stumble outside half naked when the wife wants to see the view at six in the morning, I can just rip the poppers off and shimmy back under the covers, mumbling like Worzel Gummidge.

Back