Blackberry with black or stainless rails and bars????

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm going to get some roof rails and side bars but don't know whether to stick with stainless or go black....Does anyone have a view?
MD

Black roof rails on mine, but no side bars. Looks ok with tinted windows, but I know where you're coming from with shiny alloys.

Blackberry by the way.

I bought some black rails today.........still not sure if I made the right decision.? Got genuine vw from the dealer........surprisingly reasonably priced too. I'm assuming they're easy to fit.......any tips?

MD

I got the roof rails and cross bars thrown in as a sweatner and did order black side bars but it got delivered with stainless so called them and they are sending me out a black set and told me to keep the stainless ones for the hassle of me removing them and refitting black, so going to see which looks best and sell the other set.

Rails not too hard to fit but you can see why they could leak like a sieve. Get some sealant at the ready.

I second the above comment, great colour and the bars really suit :thumbsup:

I have black roof rails and chrome side bars. Probably gonna change for black sidebars eventually as dented mine on a nice rock hidden in verge in Ilfracombe :(

My initial concern was black will show up chips, scratches easily but will look better with my black roof bars.

Rails are easy to fit once you work out left and right parts! If the same as mine they will have Left / Right on the bottom of the plastic inserts (but in Turkish!).

I have black roof rails and chrome side bars. Probably gonna change for black sidebars eventually as dented mine on a nice rock hidden in verge in Ilfracombe :(

My initial concern was black will show up chips, scratches easily but will look better with my black roof bars.

Rails are easy to fit once you work out left and right parts! If the same as mine they will have Left / Right on the bottom of the plastic inserts (but in Turkish!).

Saved your sills though!

That's what I told myself... that and a few other choice words!

My wife kept quiet!

Back