Black wheels on a budget?

MurrayT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

Need some suggestions on wheels. I want black ones with a swamper/rugged look. Van in early stages of a conversion. I'm sticking with commercial bumpers and intend getting black arch kit. I want to put my money into the interior first but looking at some wheels/tyres without breaking the bank. It's sitting on Claytons with budget tyres at present which will need replaced anyway.

I can get any wheels powder coated at a favourable price via a friend which is a bonus.

Black Devonports perhaps?? Open to ideas

20220724_193630.jpg

Hi all

Need some suggestions on wheels. I want black ones with a swamper/rugged look. Van in early stages of a conversion. I'm sticking with commercial bumpers and intend getting black arch kit. I want to put my money into the interior first but looking at some wheels/tyres without breaking the bank. It's sitting on Claytons with budget tyres at present which will need replaced anyway.

I can get any wheels powder coated at a favourable price via a friend which is a bonus.

Black Devonports perhaps?? Open to ideas

View attachment 166453
Black Claytons?

I saw some black claytons this weekend for the first time and i was really surprised at how great they looked, solid black wheels on chunky tyres looked awesome
The alloys didnt look too small like i thought they might

They were parked next to @Skyliner33 at summer camp, Jon do you have any pics ?

I saw some black claytons this weekend for the first time and i was really surprised at how great they looked, solid black wheels on chunky tyres looked awesome

I don’t, but the threads linked do :)

If you want to stay with the more commercial look how about these from extreme offset whees?

AAB88095-AC10-4C49-BD74-1FBFD5479F88.jpeg

Here you go, the van you're on about. Hope this helps. It totally transformed the look of our van with the same wheels, just in another colour.7B59314B-4D09-4943-B007-64C190DD053F.jpeg6A157B17-C9A8-4596-ABFE-064DECFD0442.jpeg93D8B1DD-84C1-404C-B489-B78D98CBA610.jpeg

Here you go, the van you're on about. Hope this helps. It totally transformed the look of our van with the same wheels, just in another colour.
Lovely. Great job. Satin or matt finish? Can't tell in pictures. Changes the stance and fills the arch well. Standard suspension?

Lovely. Great job. Satin or matt finish? Can't tell in pictures. Changes the stance and fills the arch well. Standard suspension?
Thanks, satin black on standard suspension at moment. Tyres 225/75/16. Going to put spacers on soon.

Thanks, satin black on standard suspension at moment. Tyres 225/75/16. Going to put spacers on soon.
Are you sure about the spacers? You might get a fair bit of mud splashing up the side of your van. I would wait it rains and go for a drive down country roads. ?

Reactions: JOG
Are you sure about the spacers? You might get a fair bit of mud splashing up the side of your van. I would wait it rains and go for a drive down country roads. ?
Got the calliper paint now so the wheels will be spaced at the same time. You'll be able to see it at bus fest. I'll post a picture when done thou.
You've got me thinking now, but i do like the thought of the wheels spaced look overruling a bit of mud splash look! ;)

After I posted that I thought actually you’ve only come out 10mm from a 205 tyre so I think you’re right :thumbsup:

Here you go, spacers on, 20mm on the back, 15mm on the front, very happy :cool:View attachment 168771View attachment 168772View attachment 168773

Hi mate. How are you getting on with the set up? What is the road noise and handling like?

The reason I ask is my local tyre fitter doesn't think the tyres will fit (I'd shown him this post but said he wasn't confident it was safe)

He was obviously just going by his computer about what tyres were acceptable? 215 65 r16 was the maximum he suggested.

Hi mate. How are you getting on with the set up? What is the road noise and handling like?

The reason I ask is my local tyre fitter doesn't think the tyres will fit (I'd shown him this post but said he wasn't confident it was safe)

He was obviously just going by his computer about what tyres were acceptable? 215 65 r16 was the maximum he suggested.

Hi, getting on with the set up fine, a little noise, but no more than the wind deflectors on my windows.

The people who powder coated my wheels wouldn't advise anything other than what's advised by VW, he admitted that it leaves him not liable. So just covering them selves.

Bought the tyres from ATS in the end and they didn't bat an eyelid. Then fitted the spacers myself.

Back