Bilstein , Shocks With Hr Springs ?

Hi

Have you not considered the Bilstein B14 coilovers? Give you a bit more setup.

I have an 18 plate Caravelle but have had 6 transporters in the last 5 years (I get bored, sell them then realised I should of kept it) anyway I have always lowered them on 40mm H R springs with no problems. My problem I have now is because I have paid out a lot of money for the Velle I’m now looking for something a bit better in suspension.
Any advise
Chris

I have an 18 plate Caravelle but have had 6 transporters in the last 5 years (I get bored, sell them then realised I should of kept it) anyway I have always lowered them on 40mm H R springs with no problems. My problem I have now is because I have paid out a lot of money for the Velle I’m now looking for something a bit better in suspension.
Any advise
Chris

depends on how low you want to go really?

I’m ideally looking for a good mix of comfort and looks, not sure on wheels size yet as I am not sure on how easy it is to tweak B14’s, is it a case of wheel off every time you need to adjust?

I’m ideally looking for a good mix of comfort and looks, not sure on wheels size yet as I am not sure on how easy it is to tweak B14’s, is it a case of wheel off every time you need to adjust?

wheel off for the front adjustment, the rears are a different ball game, you have to drop the rear beam down to get to the adjusters on coilovers as there located at the top of the spring and you can't get at them in situ

B14s only drop you 70mm so in my opinion ideal for 20s with enough adjustment left to not impact comfort (personally i didnt like running 20s) or you can go 19s wound right down, where the comfort compromise comes into it as they are known to be a firm ride fully wound down. Either way they will give you a decent look, not slammed.

If your going 18s then go H&R deeps, either 100mm or 130mm drop, however these are more expensive than b14s

I'm currently running a pair of prototype Bilstein front coilovers that drop over 100mm and H&R deep rear springs and shocks with 255/45/18 tyres. The front has about 20mm adjustment left and rear has roughly 15mm and the ride is very nice

welcome to the suspension/wheel choice nightmare.

wheel off for the front adjustment, the rears are a different ball game, you have to drop the rear beam down to get to the adjusters on coilovers as there located at the top of the spring and you can't get at them in situ

B14s only drop you 70mm so in my opinion ideal for 20s with enough adjustment left to not impact comfort (personally i didnt like running 20s) or you can go 19s wound right down, where the comfort compromise comes into it as they are known to be a firm ride fully wound down. Either way they will give you a decent look, not slammed.

If your going 18s then go H&R deeps, either 100mm or 130mm drop, however these are more expensive than b14s

I'm currently running a pair of prototype Bilstein front coilovers that drop over 100mm and H&R deep rear springs and shocks with 255/45/18 tyres. The front has about 20mm adjustment left and rear has roughly 15mm and the ride is very nice

welcome to the suspension/wheel choice nightmare.
Do you have any pictures of your V “Dubber” ? At the moment I am leaning towards “Air “ at this rate

Do you have any pictures of you “Dubber” ? At the moment I am leaning towards “Air “ at this rate

Running prototypes wound down on 18s
20181116_120904.jpg

running b14s with 10mm left on the front running 19s

20181115_172046.jpg

When I was running 20s on b14s

20170901_130557.jpg

I have 17”Devonports on mine at the moment but I’ve had the Velle a week, I think the 17’s will be too small but I am like the 20’s on yours

I have 17”Devonports on mine at the moment but I’ve had the Velle a week, I think the 17’s will be too small but I am like the 20’s on yours

Put 20's on, and you can forget about ride quality, and any fillings you may have.

Have you got 18s 19s and 20s? Thats just too many sets of wheels,if you wanna get rid of the 19s keep me in mind :thumbsup:

Just bought some B14’s and a splitter from World of Carbon today. Going to be a busy week next week when the parcels arrive

Only had my 2018 Caravelle Exc 3 weeks, Bilsteins just gone on today along with a WOC splitter, just waiting for the H&R spacers to arrive at the end of the week and all will be good Go team Bamboo Green

Back