Biking Hiking Day Van Diy

Job 2 update
So the Kiravans offset swivels have over the past few weeks developed squeaks (the first drivers swivel was exchanged because of this).
As noted earlier I was developing ideas about how to addresss the shortcomings of these units and today I installed the prototypes on both seats.
Squeaks eliminated and rock removed.....
Now I have identified a couple of things I need to modify with these but in the whole I am definitely on the right track as the seats are more stable and have been silenced.

I also got around to reforming the plastic kick plate behind the passenger seat to fit the swivel.

In other news visited Skipton audio this morning (brilliant guys, hugely helpful) and purchased the kit to wire up some speakers in the rear, another job looms

The new boots are proving to be an issue, 2 colour coating fell through with the supplier who claimed he could, back to the search

What a day....
Cab headlining removed
Audio and thermal insulation added
Passenger door card out and door insulated
Head unit out, breakout loom installed, cables run for speakers.
Phone cable re run inside dash
BA0F8896-54AC-41E7-A37B-AC14DF72A4DF.jpeg

Glutton for punishment, side lights (w5w bulbs) replaced with Canbus error free leds.
What a faff! Had to remove the air box and then one of the clasps came off and dropped into the engine (torch and magnetic retrieval tool to the rescue)

Finally! 2 colour powder coated wheels supplier located, wheels dropped off and expected back Friday

With the bank holiday ahead I called Harrison trim supplies on Friday and collected 6m of carpet and 3 tins of glue.
Today has been a labour of love
Between the temperature and this being the first time carpeting a van I am knackered and sore
But it’s done!
Too dark for photos by the time I’d finished so will follow up tomorrow

84CE429A-4056-4D9B-877B-74CD84E05CDF.jpeg A71C460D-0642-4DBA-B5AA-42D9498C7694.jpeg 874BC6D8-044D-4D50-8FD0-E7A3946A890A.jpeg

Panels are to take off and cover and roof lining to do when lighting is sorted but we are getting there

Still working on the solution for this, almost ready, might be able to send out beta kits shortly

Back