Big Yellow Fun Bus

eightball103

Hola,

New member blah blah blah.
Bought an ex AA van; T6, SWB, Tailgate, 135k on the clock.
Already made great use of the forum to find guides on a whole bunch of things.

Already started on some mods for the van:
Installed an RCD360+ headunit with reversing camera. Made sure to buy some fiberglass fish-line rods first, that saved me about 24hours of PAIN fishing cables through grommets.
Ordered a Carista ODBII unit as I've had a couple of gremlins appear already, not entirely sure if that was my doing with wiring in the reversing camera.

It moaned about ABS and traction control, auto stop-start and the foward radar/distance sensor. I managed to reset a P20EE code and did the battery disconnect/shorting to clear the ecu volatile memory. ABS and traction warnings gone, but the warning lights are still on. weird. hopefully carista to the rescue. (or people have suggested they might clear on a drive as the ABS sensors need wheel rotations)

Plans for the immediate future include some mats for the cab, wind deflectors (obvs!) fixing why the passenger door speaker no worky, getting a 2-to-1 FARKA FM adapter for the headunit.
After that it will be using it in van-mode for a bit while i move some things around, then work will begin on conversion to a camper.

Looking forward to chatting and posting some pictures!
(EDIT attached photo from dealer when i bought it)

15ca81a2761303761260dd18ba2daaa7_811210.jpg

Last edited:
Back