Best Van Vacuum..?

Steve H

Excited Member
T6 Pro
Ok, a bit off the wall maybe, but I've been outside with our house vacuum to give the van a bit of interior TLC and it's a struggle. It's an upright bagless job, and whilst the hose attachments get into the crooks and nannies it's a bit short and faffy.

It's also a big bugger to lug around and I'm wary of banging the paintwork on the van, or it tipping over whilst I'm wrestling with my hose.

So..

What is the ideal van vacuum..?

Another +1 for handheld Dyson.

I also bought a bagless wet/dry Titan from Screwfix that I used when we were doing the house up and it was a god send. Since then its been redundant but I have started using it for the initial "big dirt clean" then finish with the Dyson. Saves the Dyson getting ruined and me getting a row.

Great thread.
Think @Ed Webb has ryobi but think its alittle on the heavier side of compact.
Yep use a ryobi as I already owned it, however moving onto a dustpan and brush when away and a compact dyson at home. Trying to justify the v10 animal.

I must be old school I just use a broom unscrewed from its handle and air blow the stuff I can’t get my broom head at. I suppose it depends on your surfaces though, that flo tex carpet sweeps a dream and everything else I have is wipe clean.

But I do sweep it every time I get out of it as it’s kinda new and I’m obsessive.

30 quid

300 quid

Would anyone reckon the Dyson is 10 times better than the Hoover?

Having just got back from West Wittering and a sand storm of biblical proportions, I'm now in the market for a good vacuum.
Don’t know mate never owned the hoover but the dyson for me is worth every penny, just for the record it’s not bought just for the van it’s our hoover for the home :)

just for the record it’s not bought just for the van it’s our hoover for the home :)

Yeah, I'd need to use that one to persuade Mrs Teesix that another 300 quid is required.

The Hoover looks small (and cheap) enough to keep in the van all the time but I really want something that'll do the job. Our dog never seems to remember to clean her feet before she gets in the van so I'm probably going to need something she can operate too. Or she's not coming next time!

I must be old school I just use a broom unscrewed from its handle and air blow the stuff I can’t get my broom head at. I suppose it depends on your surfaces though, that flo tex carpet sweeps a dream and everything else I have is wipe clean.

But I do sweep it every time I get out of it as it’s kinda new and I’m obsessive.
That's exactly what my wife says!

I hate it when she baffles me with common sense:)

Boys and their toys springs to mind she says :whistle:

We were pleasantly surprised at how powerful it is. They retail at about £60, but the Ebay refurbished ones are like new. You don’t get any box or fancy packaging.

Yeah, I'd need to use that one to persuade Mrs Teesix that another 300 quid is required.

The Hoover looks small (and cheap) enough to keep in the van all the time but I really want something that'll do the job. Our dog never seems to remember to clean her feet before she gets in the van so I'm probably going to need something she can operate too. Or she's not coming next time!

Ahhh don’t go that far just get it some wellies. Ooooo or did you mean the wife.

03AF82C9-573A-4B36-8A00-BBE4C5C73EEE.jpegu

We bought one of those Shark Duo Clean jobbies and it’s ten times better than our (not so old) Vax. Being an upright, you can break it down to use in the van. Brilliant bit of kit.

Back