Bed topper for Camper King Monte Carlo

WanderingCouple

T6 Pro
Hello everyone. I am about to take delivery of my first camper van and want to buy a bed topper for the rock and roll bed to make sleeping more comfortable. It's a SWB Camper King Monte Carlo and I have 2 questions:
- does anyone have any recommendations where to get a bed topper?
- what are the dimensions of the bed?
Many thanks

Hello everyone. I am about to take delivery of my first camper van and want to buy a bed topper for the rock and roll bed to make sleeping more comfortable. It's a SWB Camper King Monte Carlo and I have 2 questions:
Many thanks

We've just bought a Monte Carlo and were also wondering about a mattress topper. We're planning to try it out, this weekend, just using a quilt as a topper, to see how we get on.

You don't need to spend big bucks of on some campervan specific bed topper, its a waste of money IMO. Just buy a standard memory foam bed topper roughly the right size, add a fitted sheet and tuck the excess down the sides, thats all we do. Works for the pop roof bed too..

Many thanks

Well, we tried it out, this weekend, with a duvet underneath us - and, I can tell you, it was damned uncomfortable. It was so hard that my wife barely slept a wink all night. You most definitely need a very decent topper - something fairly thick. I'd suggest - we'd even contemplate an air bed !!!

We'll start searching for something suitable, this week. There's no way we'd camp again as it currently is.

Well, we tried it out, this weekend, with a duvet underneath us - and, I can tell you, it was damned uncomfortable. It was so hard that my wife barely slept a wink all night. You most definitely need a very decent topper - something fairly thick. I'd suggest - we'd even contemplate an air bed !!!

We'll start searching for something suitable, this week. There's no way we'd camp again as it currently is.

Vango do a range of self inflating mattresses, do a search on the forum, I’m sure I’ve seen it mentioned before.

Haven’t got the van converted yet but we got one from Dunelm £65. Some websites want over £100 for ‘ making’ you one.

Excellent - we were looking at that one last night - just wondered if it would be thick enough - will be very interested in how you get on with it. When are you going away?

We went away on Monday for our first night and the mattress topper was fine. We both slept well and were v comfy. We store the topper flat on the bed in the pop up which seems to work well. When it arrived it was a little wider than we needed so we trimmed it to size and put a duvet cover on it. We’re off to Scotland next week so it will get a proper try out over 5 or 6 nights but so far on the first night this week, we’re pleased with it.

We went away on Monday for our first night and the mattress topper was fine. We both slept well and were v comfy. We store the topper flat on the bed in the pop up which seems to work well. When it arrived it was a little wider than we needed so we trimmed it to size and put a duvet cover on it. We’re off to Scotland next week so it will get a proper try out over 5 or 6 nights but so far on the first night this week, we’re pleased with it.

Let us know how you get on. We have a Monte Carloa and cut down an Argos topper but wasn't very good. Currently using (3 months) a Vango Cali inflatable, fits just right and is OK but we want better than OK.

It does however fold up and go under the bed with the duvet, kids sleeping bags and pillows. The kids use their caming roll mats up top with the CK mattress as that's also very hard.

There’s only 2 of us and Mrs WC doesn’t seem keen on the top berth so for now we’re using it for storing the topper. Arguments aside - which I’m sure will never happen - we plan on sleeping downstairs!!

I tried the top in the CK but it was really hard. Supposed to be better in Westphalia and the Clai as the beds are sprung upstairs, but a plank of wood is a plank of wood.

Back