Bed causing a sore back

TeresaE

T6 Pro
Hi Guys, we have had our T6 since May and are at the end of our first long holiday in her. But I am finding that even with a mattress topper (I think it's 2.5" thickness), I am getting a sore back.
Can any of you suggest anything we can do to buy to make it more comfortable?
Thanks

No idea myself but may be worth putting some details of your setup/bed type so everyone knows what your using

Thanks Pauly. All I know is that it is a rock an roll bed. I don't know the manufacturer as it was already in the van when we bought it. We use a mattress topper which we got from Amazon.
I'm wondering if it would be worth trying a thicker topper from Duverlay, any thoughts?

Thanks Pauly. All I know is that it is a rock an roll bed. I don't know the manufacturer as it was already in the van when we bought it. We use a mattress topper which we got from Amazon.
I'm wondering if it would be worth trying a thicker topper from Duverlay, any thoughts?
Love our Duvalay sleeping bags - just done another 6 nights and can honestly say I sleep better in the van than at home.

Have a look at the zonesleep...someone keeps recommending them, think it's @Polzeylad ??? They're supposed to provide good support for back problems. I always get a sore back if I sleep in a strange bed...been alright in the camper as the seats have memory foam in them and I have a thin, cheapo memory foam topper.

Love our Duvalay sleeping bags - just done another 6 nights and can honestly say I sleep better in the van than at home.

Just looked online at video and look really good.

I thinking I could sleep on my kombi floor though its that soft lol

Have a look at the zonesleep...someone keeps recommending them, think it's @Polzeylad ??? They're supposed to provide good support for back problems. I always get a sore back if I sleep in a strange bed...been alright in the camper as the seats have memory foam in them and I have a thin, cheapo memory foam topper.

Yep, really good things. We're on our second.

Hi Davenjo, what thickness are your sleeping bags please?
We went for the 4cm version complete with the 4 seasons pack and carry bags - if buying again, depending on current deals, I would probably just go for the summer quilts (4.5 tog) and forget the bags; with 2 of the sleeping bags side by side you effectively double up the quilt thickness when you fold the bit that would normally hang down the side of a bed back on itself. If you find the 4.5 tog too cool for you any single quilt will fit in. The whole thing, including the thicker quilts and a pillow, rolls up small enough for 2 to sit side by side on the parcel shelf behind our rib bed with plenty of room for laying coats, cycle helmets, etc., and still keep below the height of the seat back for driving/day mode.

We have an SCA roof/bed on our LWB T6 . Have been ok on just the foam mattress supplied plus an ordinary bed topper. But have just put an order in for a duvalay topper to add to comfort package now another year older!

We have an SCA roof/bed on our LWB T6 . Have been ok on just the foam mattress supplied plus an ordinary bed topper. But have just put an order in for a duvalay topper to add to comfort package now another year older!
Will you be able to close the roof with the topper in place or do you anticipate having to take it off for transport?

How flat is the bed when in sleep mode?
I think many operate by turning over so that you sleep on the flat side and if this is the case then a suitably thick mattress and/or topper should get you comfy.
If you are sleeping on the contoured side of the seat, then it may take a bit more to get a good nights sleep.

I think many operate by turning over so that you sleep on the flat side and if this is the case then a suitably thick mattress and/or topper should get you comfy.
If you are sleeping on the contoured side of the seat, then it may take a bit more to get a good nights sleep.
That is how our RIB bed works to provide a flat bed without contours - seat flips forward, back folds down and 3rd section (AKA parcel shelf) can be flat or tilted forward for morning coffee in bed!!

What about making your own mattress from yellow foam? It's easy to cut to what ever size you need and it can be a lot thicker than what you have already.

We're sleeping on the contoured side, so think that may well have a bearing on the problem.:cautious:
That's why we got a mattress topper. Think I may have to invest in a better one.

Back