Battery Woes - Ctek250sa?

snoop6060

T6 Pro
Has anyone had issues with the CTEK 250sa?

Last year I started having issues with my leisure battery, it was charging fine but rapidly depleting. I was using a Victron mains charger to charge it up to test and I could see it rapidly drop voltage when I took the charger off. I contacted Travelvolts who I got the battery from and he said get a battery test from halfords and it read it was fine. Hmmm. I removed every single circuit from it, charged it and then tested it again. It was dropping voltage with nothing attached. It has now since totally failed. The charger claims to be charging it but never gets past the bulk charge. It also clicks like a relay in the charger is constantly triggering, something certainly not right. As soon as you remove the charger the electrics last about 20mins before it will not even power a light.

And I've noticed during this time that my stop/start only ever works once I have driven for about 45mins. And my head unit frequently moans about low voltage in the morning. I drove 300miles Monday, left the van for 8 hours and then drove again - stop / start did not work again for 45 mins. Yesterday I disconnected the ctek as that is the only common component between the 2 batteries and this morning the stop/start actually pretty quickly.

So I am now needing to properly diagnose this. Getting the leisure battery out is going to be a massive PITA. Any ideas on where I should start? At least ruling out the ctek would be a good start before I have to fit a new battery that gets trashed again.

Thanks!
Si

Back