Battery disconnection/re-connection

HHO

T6 Guru
Any known issues to look out for when disconnecting/re-connecting the battery?

Done mine a few times, just left it off for a few minutes to make sure everything resets and cleared a couple bizarre faults my van had from plugging/unplugging things live
Only thing will be Windows to reset afterwards as you lose one touch operation

Had mine disconnected a couple of time when fitting new steering wheel. No problems just a couple of resets as Paul says

Reactions: HHO
Hi

Is it ok to disconnect the battery for any length of time with out having dash lights or any other problem when reconnecting the battery

Thanks john

Hi Loz

are you saying after 8 hours there would be a problem, if so what would need to be done to put it right.

Thanks john

As already mentioned. Eventually the radio needs to see dealer tools. Most likely power windows need to be recalibrated - an easy DIY job, and described in the forum.

I don't know how different T6 variants power up cigarette lighter - mine seems to be always on - most likely only from second battery. I know that my other car switches off the cigarette lighter when ignition off so there it would be definitely a no go.

Thanks for that guys, so it's ok to disconnect for a couple of hours without the need to get it plug in.

John

Last edited:
If I disconnect the van battery to take out to change my headlight bulbs to LED what problems will it cause, such as the radio going off, does it need a code?

8 hour limit on radio components going into protection mode.

Hi , when dropping the diesel fuel tank of a T6 transporter should i disconnect the starter battery first, and is the infotainment unit coded like older radios used to be , so you had to enter a code or the radio wouldnt work.

On mine, the stereo isn’t coded. Just fired straight back up. You’ll have reset the pinch position on the windows after. Just open, manually close with the switch and hold closed for a second or two. Job done.

there was a post on here somewhere i read yesterday which said do not disconnect your battery for more than 8 hours or some kind of radio lock kicks in

Back