Battery Clamp Recommendation Please

KR.

T6 Guru
The wiring to my leisure battery is starting to look like spaghetti junction. It's awkward to access and sooner or later I'm going to be removing and replacing connections.
I've been looking at these Battery Terminal Clamp
I'm a bit concerned that they seem designed wrongly, upside down if you know what I mean. Does anyone have anything like this or have any recommendations?

They are designed that way as many people are limited for space above their leisure battery. Ours is under the drivers seat, and those would work for us.

How many connections are you making to the leisure battery ? We only have 2, which fit on the standard clamp - one to the fridge (via a fuse) and one to a fuse box.

Pete

Reactions: KR.
I fitted a set of these in lieu of a busbar. My battery is on its side. I rate them as good but not as good as I'd like them to be. I'd like some better plastic insulation. Thus I added some ins tape. But it did tidy my cabling some.

Reactions: KR.
How many connections? Good question, the Sterling, Victron Smart Charger, Victron MPPT, Battery Sense Monitor I think are all on there as well as the 'usual' stuff, PSU etc. The battery is quite inaccessible, and connections have to be made from above through an access hatch in the bottom of the wardrobe. It's like keyhole surgery in the dark. Ideally the connections would be longer allowing me to slide the battery out the back of the cupboard but we are where we are. If I fit these it'll be a pain to get it done initially but afterwards easier with only one connection onto the battery. I thought about a busbar but this seems an easier approach. That insulation appears to be on the wrong side, there's more danger of something contacting the battery terminals from above than below, although fair enough about battery orientation. The one thing I do have is space above the battery, about a foot of it.
Here's a photo from above via the access hatch. There are now two more connections here - Victron MPPT and Battery Sense monitor. I make it 4 in this photo, 6 connections now.

20201002_112915.jpg

Note: I only fitted it to provide several +ve's for ctek, fusebox etc. With hindsight a busbar would have been better.

Back