Batteries and inverter query

winstonedd

T6 Pro
Hi all,

trying to buy electrics and i have tried searching through forum and Dellmassive's guides but i cant see much info in what im looking for specifically.

Originally i was going to go with battery under the drivers seat as most have advised, especially as having a swivel bench seat. The problem is i dont have space to have the inverter in there aswell as i wish to have as large a lithium battery as possible under the seat so that i can run a 2000w inverter

Is it possible to have the inverter close to the LB under the drivers seat but not actually under it? could i have the inverter in the side behind the panel or perhaps on the side of the kitchen unit that faces the rear of drivers seat?

if not possible then i will default to having 2 x lithiums in the rear and a longer thicker cable form main battery to LB and most of the hardware at the rear also

many thanks in advance

kindest regards

you can put the inverter wherever you like as long as it's cabled correctly. My LB is under the passenger seat. The inverter is over the rear offside wheel arch.

You want the inverter as close to the battery as possible, due to the currents flowing between them.
Where you put the inverter is up to you as long as you observe the manufacturers airflow requirements for cooling purposes.

Pete

You want the inverter as close to the battery as possible, due to the currents flowing between them.
Where you put the inverter is up to you as long as you observe the manufacturers airflow requirements for cooling purposes.

Pete
ok, so it may make more sense for me to have a thicker cable go from starter battery to rear wheel-arch area in unit so that everything else is close together. that way i can get one lithium now and have space to add additional lithium down the line if needed. i best research how much cable i need to get to rear of LWB between SB and LB then the thickness required, the rest of it will then all be nearer to each other

Back