please help - cable size for remote inverter

winstonedd

T6 Pro
I've had my evo units for a week and also my electrics. I've spent a few nights just lost as to where i can fit things

due to being space limited with my slimmer units i cannot locate battery by rear wheel arch and i cannot fit 1000w inverter under the drivers seat with battery (i have a double seat swivel base so nothing can go there)

as i have seen salty spuds post about his inverter being at rear wheel arch and LB under the seat i feel this is the solution for me. can anyone advise what size cable i would need to make safe the distance on a LWB between a LB under driver seat and the 1000w inverter by rear wheel arch

would 35mm be sufficient?

many thanks in advance, im hoping to start getting things going ASAP

My advice would be to check the manufacturers data
Inverter ratings vary as generally they can peak higher than the rated output so fuse sizes need to match to make sure nothing is going to blow if there is a peak on startup etc

35mm sounds like it would be sufficient for that length of run but the manufacturer data should give you a recommended fuse size and matching cable size

here the victron page for there inverters, theres no 1000w on there but 800w (25mm) and 1200w (35mm)

1686395264870.png

My advice would be to check the manufacturers data
Inverter ratings vary as generally they can peak higher than the rated output so fuse sizes need to match to make sure nothing is going to blow if there is a peak on startup etc

35mm sounds like it would be sufficient for that length of run but the manufacturer data should give you a recommended fuse size and matching cable size

here the victron page for there inverters, theres no 1000w on there but 800w (25mm) and 1200w (35mm)

View attachment 201869
Many thanks pal

On a similar note
I have brought the Renogy 1000W inverter and hoping to mount under drivers seat, the leisure battery under passenger seat. Iv seen Renogy sell 5ft and 8ft inverter/ battery cables (for up to 2000w inverters) so I’m assuming my distance of just 3ft between my battery (160ah lithium) and inverter is ok, the cables that came supplied with inverter are too short.
The 240v plugged appliances I will be using via the inverter max out at 500w, most are very low watt, ie electric blanket
CheersFA7936EA-B4C7-44A8-A313-045449E56212.jpeg

Back