Found Base van needed - T6 with ACC and A/C ideally - <£21k

Badjamin

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

Firstly, thanks to all for the suggestions so far on my How... how do you you afford a van thread

As some may be aware I am desperately trying to 'join the club' and get my bus on.

I need a base van ideally SWB, Trendline or above, not too worried about BHP but not interested in Bi Turbo sorry.

Would love adaptive cruise control.
Needs to have air con and standard cruise control at least.
Service history and landmark work done please (CB & WP)
Ideally sub 100k miles
Ideally a T30 or above but will obvs consider T28
Tail gate would be slightly more preferable but happy with barn doors
Am in Huddersfield so will struggle to get down south to view anything

I've had a loan approved now but budget is still not too good at £20k unless I can sell my knack ered old mondeo whereupon I may be £100 up!!!

I know it's a big ask. Am all over Autotrader and Ebay and have some potentials to look at when I eventually get off shift with work next Saturday if they haven't all been snapped up - how fast is the turnaround for these vans!?. Anyway, just thought I'd stick a little note on here.

Hope we're all having a great weekend

Last edited:
For under 20k you may get a ex fleet panel van with high milage, or possibly an ex AA or RAC van.

Tailgate are more sought after for camper conversions and may attract a higher price.

There are loads of older T5 and T5.1s on Facebook semi to full conversation.

But if you want a T6 then you need cash in the bank and be ready to move fast.

Semi converted ie kombi onwards are normally around 25+

eBay and Facebook mostly have the cheaper vans listed.

Good luck looking.

Lots have people have been down the ex-RAC or ex-AA van route.

These are generally well maintained, highish mileage and relatively well specced vans.

Some go through auctions which could be a route to an affordable base van?

You seen this one?

Don’t discount the t5.1 route, I sold my t6 kombi and kept my t5.1 which I’m converting. Lots of pluses no adblue, I dare say slightly better build quality. But the t6 is better looking plus loved the dsg on my t6 and the dash. Get the one that is right for you as your budget, whichever you get it will give the best memories been your first

Eu6 if your about London or any Euro6 emissions zone.

I think that started with the T6.

I had to sell my beloved EU5 T5.1 because of that.

I sold my fish 2016 T6 euro5 140ps t30 89k miles Kombi, twin slider Acapulco blue for 19,750. I think this was market value.
You’ll see a lot of vans with less spec for more money. But they stay on the market until someone believes the high price is right. Don’t rush into something believing that everything will get sold out from under you. There are well priced vans out there.

I sold my fish 2016 T6 euro5 140ps t30 89k miles Kombi, twin slider Acapulco blue for 19,750. I think this was market value.
You’ll see a lot of vans with less spec for more money. But they stay on the market until someone believes the high price is right. Don’t rush into something believing that everything will get sold out from under you. There are well priced vans out there.
So true.

Eu6 if your about London or any Euro6 emissions zone.

I think that started with the T6.

I had to sell my beloved EU5 T5.1 because of that.
That’s the other one, I take it there’s lots of Europe with emission zones aswell as the ones in the uk. So again depends on the use of the van etc @Dellmassive
I do like the look of a ex service van, just for the colours

For under 20k you may get a ex fleet panel van with high milage, or possibly an ex AA or RAC van.

Tailgate are more sought after for camper conversions and may attract a higher price.

There are loads of older T5 and T5.1s on Facebook semi to full conversation.

But if you want a T6 then you need cash in the bank and be ready to move fast.

Semi converted ie kombi onwards are normally around 25+

eBay and Facebook mostly have the cheaper vans listed.

Good luck looking.
Thanks buddy.

I do see the value but I can't do yellow. It's like I'm intolerant. I don't have the enzyme to break down the yellow pigment. I had a yellow car that was brilliant but just too yellow... so traded it in and bought a mondeo... instead of a T4.... I'm a di ck...

I seen a few T5s that ambgetting very itchy about.

Screenshot_20240505_103759_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240505_103916_Photos.jpg

You seen this one?

I do like this one but it's got too many miles and its 300 miles from where i live. One of the unwritten provisions of part of my budget was to keep it under 100k miles...

Don’t discount the t5.1 route, I sold my t6 kombi and kept my t5.1 which I’m converting. Lots of pluses no adblue, I dare say slightly better build quality. But the t6 is better looking plus loved the dsg on my t6 and the dash. Get the one that is right for you as your budget, whichever you get it will give the best memories been your first
I have and am very close to swaying to a T5. The below looks pretty good

This conversion is high mileage but price seems appealing. And you’ll have plenary cash to spare for fixing issues…

That mileage is crazy. But i know there's another 250k in it if properly maintained. I need to trybto keep it under 100k if poss. I seen the below and was thinkin if I can get it of swamperifying it... i dunno. Stuck at work all week so can't do much.

@Flanagans323 sold it before I could get the wedge together and look at it. Selfish... <laughingface>
If it’s any consolation.
It looks unloved from the photos. Perhaps they might not have paid attention to the rest of it in same way?
Sour grapes I know but you gotta hang onto these things.

Back