Wanted Banded steels smooth 19”

J88arv

T6 Guru
As above, I’m looking at changing from my 20” alloys to a set of 19” banded

they sold on here actually last weekend. @J88arv you want smoothies? I’ve got a set of RR 19s coming in the next couple of weeks no doubt I will change them..

Your the steel king!! :thumbsup: Here’s one for you... what’s the offset on the banded RR?
Haha that sounded like a test.. it’s not, I did ask Jaime and he said he would fine out for me. Just curious if you know that info?

:laugh: Thought there would be a catch!

You won't catch me out with steels mate, I lived and breathed them for the last 3 years and if there's a steel around that's new or a size we don't know about, i've already heard.

20" Weller wheels are nice in the pictures and officially load rated, but only up to 820kg which still isn't enough for most of us, unless you go for their 17" deeps which are 900kgs. I owned a set of 17" deeps for a short while, and the rear dish was huge.
Wellers rarely come up for sale used because they are not anywhere near as popular as banded steels, and the 20" Weller steels are pretty expensive for steel wheels.

Your the steel king!! :thumbsup: Here’s one for you... what’s the offset on the banded RR?

That my friend, depends on who builds them, and officially there is no set offset, unless you worked it out yourself. These guys use a jig to build their banded steels, so they know their wheels are always consistent. If you ask Jamie, he won't actually know. He just knows they fit T5's and T6's, so build them the same for everything unless you ask for something different.

You won't catch me out with steels mate, I lived and breathed them for the last 3 years and if there's a steel around that's new or a size we don't know about, i've already heard.

20" Weller wheels are nice in the pictures and officially load rated, but only up to 820kg which still isn't enough for most of us, unless you go for their 17" deeps which are 900kgs. I owned a set of 17" deeps for a short while, and the rear dish was huge.
Wellers rarely come up for sale used because they are not anywhere near as popular as banded steels, and the 20" Weller steels are pretty expensive for steel wheels.

That my friend, depends on who builds them, and officially there is no set offset, unless you worked it out yourself. These guys use a jig to build their banded steels, so they know their wheels are always consistent. If you ask Jamie, he won't actually know. He just knows they fit T5's and T6's, so build them the same for everything unless you ask for something different.
Thanks for that info! I’d always stick with Jaime. I only ask as I’m in that tyre situation, again! I’ve reached out to a few people running the look so I guess I’ll just wait and see what comes back.

I just thought I I could find the offset or close I could pump it into will they fit and have a look.

Thanks for that info! I’d always stick with Jaime. I only ask as I’m in that tyre situation, again! I’ve reached out to a few people running the look so I guess I’ll just wait and see what comes back.

I just thought I I could find the offset or close I could pump it into will they fit and have a look.

Knowing your T6 and what you have on order, you will be going down the stretched route, you won't have any choice.

I'm pretty much as low as you now, if not a little lower and have a set of banded 17s on there way back from Jamie, 9 and 9.5s and i've calculated the tyre size I need to give me clearance and it's 235/45. I've opted for a 45 profile just to give a little comfort back, because my 20's are not very forgiving. I wasn't able to even go the same Solow's as you on the basis that I have 10" fronts, so your new 9" will need an extreme stretch.

Knowing your T6 and what you have on order, you will be going down the stretched route, you won't have any choice.

I'm pretty much as low as you now, if not a little lower and have a set of banded 17s on there way back from Jamie, 9 and 9.5s and i've calculated the tyre size I need to give me clearance and it's 235/45. I've opted for a 45 profile just to give a little comfort back, because my 20's are not very forgiving. I wasn't able to even go the same Solow's as you on the basis that I have 10" fronts, so your new 9" will need an extreme stretch.
I’ve seen your other thread! Looking good! I actually saw it on Instagram first. Thought I recognised that van :thumbsup:

You right there.. I think I’m going to have to go down to 245/40 or even a 235! I’ve seen a 245/45 on a flat grey transporter that someone at transporter HQ had. Same wheels same colour with the space saver stickers still on. Nice thin tyre on the front and stretched back. You know how it is, I didn’t want to drop ££ on 4 tyres that I’m not happy with. How is the 10inch front?

050DA331-4F38-464D-BAB0-14D5FD73139C.png

Morning all, can I ask a question in relation to banded wheels as a novice. I am looking at changing my current wheel set up which is 275/35/20 102xl woolfrace. If I go for the 18’s done by jamie what issues will I incur.

746BA2CE-C059-41A5-B042-109A8A4E2978.jpeg

Morning all, can I ask a question in relation to banded wheels as a novice. I am looking at changing my current wheel set up which is 275/35/20 102xl woolfrace. If I go for the 18’s done by jamie what issues will I incur.

View attachment 74578
At that low you shouldn’t get any problems... but check out this thread as @Skyliner33 is going through this process

No as I think I still want smoothies if possible especially after seeing the ones at thq yesterday

Back