Bad acidic smell in the cab

roger marsg

Hi Guys need some help , i have a t6 with 54,000 miles on it owned it since new, had the dreaded egr valve replaced on it and ever since then it has had an acidic smell when getting in the van the next day , its not to noticeable when driving but very bad when left over night and getting in the next day , any thoughts ? cracked egr pipe ? please help

roger

some coolant would have spilled out during the EGR change, im not sure id describe the small as acidic, but it would leave a bit of a smell until after its burned off.

I once had a smell mostly on start up, in a Honda that I was convinced was a catalyst (sulphur ) smell. Turned out it was stale water in the windscreen washer tank ! Drain and refill adding a Milton steriliser tablet sorted it.
Worth checking if that’s the issue

definitely not the leisure battery as i dont have one , i have also checked the battery for any furing on the terminals , i have had the ad blue deleted on the van and wondered if that could cause the smell so washed the tank out with water but its still there , the van is totally standard other than that, it is very acidic and worst after the van has been parked up over night , its doing my head in !

definitely not the leisure battery as i dont have one , i have also checked the battery for any furing on the terminals , i have had the ad blue deleted on the van and wondered if that could cause the smell so washed the tank out with water but its still there , the van is totally standard other than that, it is very acidic and worst after the van has been parked up over night , its doing my head in !
Chuck a Milton tablet in it just for me. You may be surprised. Also run it through the system.

I once had a smell mostly on start up, in a Honda that I was convinced was a catalyst (sulphur ) smell. Turned out it was stale water in the windscreen washer tank ! Drain and refill adding a Milton steriliser tablet sorted it.
Worth checking if that’s the issue

Back