B14’s Front Knocking Again!!

Craig Alexander

T6 Pro
my b14’s are back knocking on the front again, last time the garage raised it up 20mm and it all stopped, 3 weeks later the knocking/rattle is back again, any ideas guys???

Knocking on slow turn?.

Yeah now thinking probably more so, noticed it when reversing up my drive yesterday, and again today reversing from the front of my yard with the wheels going down a watter gutter/gulley as turning the wheel, both on slow turn?

Yeah just seen it, could poiisbly be that, just sounds like a knocking more so on small bumps, holes etc could almost say it sounds like when your bonnet isn’t shut properly and it rattle and knocks as you drive a long?

Yeah just seen it, could poiisbly be that, just sounds like a knocking more so on small bumps, holes etc could almost say it sounds like when your bonnet isn’t shut properly and it rattle and knocks as you drive a long?
All.I can suggest is to look into it what the video shows. It is becoming more common.

It's not the drop links to the anti roll bar?

Only I had a clocking sound over rough surfaces from a Zafira a few years back and that sounded like the front right struts was making the noise.

Yep correct, anti roll bar links come loose again, they were tightened right up last time too.
I wonder if Bilstein or any other do some short roll bar links, Any ideas??

also beat my anterio shocks ... and they are original .... on the small bumps, nothing on the deep holes ..... perhaps because I have walked many dirt roads and inaccessible .... but controlling the steering levers, the heads, everything seems fine ... probably only the upper domes ..........

Shorter drop links are not a solution . if the shocks are correctly fitted and not drilled through , .Shorter drop links will place incorrect force on the ARB on full lock .

If it's a light knock/rattle, it's likely to be your drop links. I heard for Bilsteins you should ideally fit a set of longer drop links, as the mounting brackets are in the wrong place.

Assuming they're right, it might be play in the drop link ball joint - you should be able to jack the van up and feel any movement (or see if the fastening bolt if tight enough)

After lowering I had to have my original droplinks replaced with aftermarket ones after i got the knocking noise, top dl nut didn't stay tight, all ok now

If it's a light knock/rattle, it's likely to be your drop links. I heard for Bilsteins you should ideally fit a set of longer drop links, as the mounting brackets are in the wrong place.

Assuming they're right, it might be play in the drop link ball joint - you should be able to jack the van up and feel any movement (or see if the fastening bolt if tight enough)
This is the twin adjust project kit from same people who make B14 same issue as mentioned . The proper coil over kit has the ARB bracket in right place for bigger drops

C7B40F49-596E-443D-9BB9-2E901AB155A2.jpeg

Back