B116807 Fault Code

Mikeyy_00

T6 Pro
Evening,

I have had new wheels fitted and now have a light fault, the skidding car, stability control light.

The code is the b116807.

Any help would be great,

Cheers mikey.

Evening,

I have had new wheels fitted and now have a light fault, the skidding car, stability control light.

The code is the b116807.

Any help would be great,

Cheers mikey.
Steering angle sensor. Fiddled with steering wheel?

Don’t these ABS related codes pop up when the tyre pressure monitor light comes in the dash. After fitting new wheels or tyres, or change air pressure you have to set the tyre pressure on the MFD. if you don’t then in a few miles it will sense a change in tyre circumference and will throw the fault light.

When it happened to me I reset the tyres on the MFD, cleared the fault code with Carista and it never came back.

I've got this after changing the shocks. Anybody get anywhere with it?

I've got VCDS but wouldn't know where to start with this one!!

I've centred the wheel once as it was about 15 degrees off counter clockwise. Drove ok for a couple of days but steering felt light. Then went again so I tried wheel alignment which needed doing after new shocks anyway. Been out to get a remap today, same sketch - steering wheel off centre to the left, TPMS light on dash & Stability Control light, no stop/start and fault code B116807. I can reset by unplugging battery but wheel still of centre and it will re-occur.

Fault code hint is basically saying Steering angle sensor mechanical failure..

20200610_094721.jpg

No word of a lie, mine sorted itself. I got the tracking done as mine was out and the light went off. Either its fixed or the bulb broke!

Back