Awnings ~ I need a height measurement

P20

Ambulance driver
VIP Member
T6 Pro
We are looking at fitting an awning to the side of our T6. We have Thule slide bars fitted to the bolts (no rail) and would like the bars to slide over the top of the awning. I asked Thule direct, but they were unable to give me any help, something to do with I was in contact with the awning division who knew nothing about the bars....

can anyone measure their awning height above the roof?

Photo gives you an idea of what we are looking to achieve. The bar has to clear the awning housing to allow us to get the canoes on.

429E049B-2555-4EA8-AEDA-072DEF31B8BA.jpeg

I presume you are considering a driveaway awning rather than a wind-out one. Wouldn't a "hidden" C-rail fit under those roofbar connections?

Oops should have stated!
We are looking at the fixed wind out type like the Thule Omnistor

Wouldn’t it be easier to have the bars slide the other way, so you can offload their other side of the van? It’s going to awkward to try to load of unload above the awning anyway

Wouldn’t it be easier to have the bars slide the other way, so you can offload their other side of the van? It’s going to awkward to try to load of unload above the awning anyway
We’ve got 2 canoes. So we slide the bars to near side and load one, then slide to off side and repeat. It allows us to load without having to clamber on the roof. There should be enough clearance laterally when the awning is stored, it’s the vertical that’s the unknown

F33342C3-D30F-493C-B49B-BFF8EBAC42C6.jpeg

Back