Thule rain shields on a Dometic awning

JamesD

T6 Pro
Hi All

I am after a bit of advice and probably confidence too.

I have bought some Thule G2 rain blocker room sides from Rose Awnings (Very good) as they have been noted as fitting a Dometic PW1200 which is fitted to my van

It looks however that I will need to make some adjustments to the awning for it to be a perfect fit

Here is the top of the awning where the bracket should fit and it looks like there isnt enough room and so I potentially need to loosen the joint bracket and slide it slightly to the right. My concern is that its this OK (should it be moved?) and will it weaken the awning when its wound out - Or as an alternative should I cut the existing Dometic plastic housing to the left so I can get the Thule bracket in?

0BAAAD48-686A-44FD-83EE-5A73D02B70C6.jpeg

Also - on the other end (on the wound out awning bar - it again doesnt have enough room (to provide the 30mm distance to the awning sheet edge) - should I trim the existing bracket back or accept that it is slightly in from the edge of the sun shade - I think the sides will still fit. Just be in from the edge off the awning sheet a bit more?

Sorry it’s a bit complicated - hoping someone has done one of these before ?

EB63E0C4-D7CA-4204-9516-2FDD19414821.jpeg

Last edited:
You can move the bracket attachments around, but you will need to be sure that the folding arms don't touch when the awning is rolled in and that the extended arms don't get in the way of opening doors.
You need to move the inside and outside ends of the arms an equal amount to keep them straight.
I moved both mine to make them symmetrical, there's about an inch between the folded arms when rolled in.
Awning.jpg

You can move the bracket attachments around, but you will need to be sure that the folding arms don't touch when the awning is rolled in and that the extended arms don't get in the way of opening doors.
You need to move the inside and outside ends of the arms an equal amount to keep them straight.
I moved both mine to make them symmetrical, there's about an inch between the folded arms when rolled in.
View attachment 142626
I like the lights in your awning, where did you get those and are they universal?

You have to account for the hinges and the way the roof folds up, I added wires in sleeving to bridge the hinges and corners so the led strip was only stuck on the flat bits, also look at where the spars will be when closed you don't want to crush the strip as you fold it up.

Back