Awning Or Not For A 3 Night Stay?

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
we are away for the bank holiday for 3 nights and we are undecided whether to take the awning or go for the easier option and take the Kiravans Railsail. What do other forum users do when having a short 3 night trip away ? awning or not.....

We've packed very lightly on the last few trips, much less stressful all around. All we've taken is a Outdoor Revolution sun canopy thing and all four of us have slept in the van plus the essentials.

I'm away for a week next week with the family and I'll take my Galli II because for 7 nights because it's worth it, but it's big beast to put up and pack away, my knees are fecked and it's a lot of up/down pegging out the guy ropes etc.

2019-08-18 08.30.12-1.jpg

we've packed quite lightly on our last few trips and we've enjoyed the ease of just putting up the railsail. I do feel that after spending all that money on an awning I should use it more though :whistle:

Having the extra living space is nice. However it's more to carry and more to put up take down. Will only use ours when the weather is cooler for cooking and eating in. When its warm our small canopy is fine for us.

nice to t
Generally 2 or more nights and we take the awning. Gives you more options.

Pete

Ditto …. 2 nights and its the pull out and possibly the wind break.
3 nights and the Outdoor Rev Awning comes out.

Bit depends on the weather though because if its wall to wall sunshine then the Pull out Fiamma is perfect.
The awning gives lots of options and good to store bikes/chairs/BBQs at night or in the day.

BUT..... it does come down to how good you and your helpers are in putting up awnings etc.

Back