Awning bracket / pop top.

Hi. I fitted a Thule 4200 and it’s a sound job. Apart from the rear bracket bolts are directly under the Reimo pop top edge. Obviously this will load the fibreglass more in this area.
I did wonder about filing some out of the fibreglass pop top to reduce / disperse the pressure at the bracket point.
However it may not be required… fibreglass is stronger than steel pound for pound I read.
Any thoughts please ?
Matt.

I don’t think there is too much pressure there. Give Thule a bell as they may offer an alternative bracket

Your seal will soak up the majority. If we fit an awning / brackets and the roof will not fully close then we would trim the roof accordingly around the bracket. But if it closes fine I would not worry.

What gets me about these apart from looking like a mobile paint shop van is they aren’t removable easy and are bolted into the body …. If they fitted on roof rails and awning rail with quick removal I’d be sold

Mine does not look unsightly and there’s little chance I will not want it. It’s a camper van and being able to quickly get out of the weather is great

Back