@mmi I am sure your earlier reply regards firmware update for the coolant heater is the way forward.

I have however got a few questions you or others may be able to answer.

Do you also have a factory air heater installed, and if so can you operate either or both via the roof
control unit and remote?

If so do you have an extra option in the roof control?
My van only has Aux heater, Ventilation, or Back.

I beleive you may have a T6, built before Nov 2019, I'm not sure. It would seem your roof control is an earlier version of mine.

I would think to operate both heaters it would need have an extra option available? ( Aux heater 1, Aux heater 2, Ventilation, Back. Etc).

I have checked wiring diagrams relevant to my van for both coolant and air heater see below

AirHeater_No_Legend.jpgCoolantHeater_no_Legend.jpg

I will need to remove left front seat to confirm that the connectors are populated as shown but it appears
that both heaters are connected to the LIN bus.

If this is the case then the remote signal is received by both heaters, but perhaps the roof unit decides which one to start?

I wonder if the key to this might be in the roof control unit (previous models had controller 6E \\ J702).

My van does not have a 6E controller.

Strangely, EX21 shown in coolant diagram is shown as dash instruments in the Fitting Locations Middle file on Erwin.
Maybe there is coding options there?

Attachments

• AirHeater.pdf
    232 KB · Views: 22
  • CoolantHeater.pdf
    800 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
@mmi I am sure your earlier reply regards firmware update for the coolant heater is the way forward.

I have however got a few questions you or others may be able to answer.

Do you also have a factory air heater installed, and if so can you operate either or both via the roof
control unit and remote?

If so do you have an extra option in the roof control?
My van only has Aux heater, Ventilation, or Back.

I beleive you may have a T6, built before Nov 2019, I'm not sure. It would seem your roof control is an earlier version of mine.
Mine is coolant heater. So no air heater. Options in the roof control are simple: just heating or ventilation. Yes, T6 MY18.

If this is the case then the remote signal is received by both heaters, but perhaps the roof unit decides which one to start?

I wonder if the key to this might be in the roof control unit (previous models had controller 6E \\ J702).

My van does not have a 6E controller.
Electrically T6 and T6.1 are totally different - thus what's on T6 doesn't really apply to T6.1. I'm afraid we have to reinvent the trick here.

Could you please repost the wiring diagrams above as attachments ("Attach files") as Forum shrinks them when posted as pictures - quite blurry now.

So, files updated. Hopefully that's better for viewing.

I wondered if you only had a coolant heater. I get the same options it seems but they control the air heater only .
What I need is someone from Finland or Russia who has both units factory fitted to find out what options are available in roof control.
[edit] with a T6.1 made after Nov 2019.
What I have found is vehicles sold in Finland and Russia have a PR code of 0Y3 Cold zones.
Vehicles sold in the UK and most of Europe have 0Y1 Standard climatic zones.

My guess is this dictates what firmware is installed in various components among other things.Variants.jpg

Reactions: mmi
谁能告诉我冷却液流动的方向,这个问题在Y型温控器打开之前困扰我很久了,谢谢大家

Can anyone tell me the direction of the coolant flow, the problem tells me before the Y-type thermostat is turned on, thank you everyone

Full scan.....
Thank you very much for sharing the scan... However, now I have a couple of questions please - although totally off the topic:
(1) Is the van SWB or LWB (short/long wheel base) ?​
(2) Does the van have normal Cruise Control or the Adaptive CC ?​
(3) Being a 4Motion - does it have "Hill Descent Control ?​
(4) Being a 4Motion - does it have "Diff Lock" `?​
1649582029964.png

Hi there, yes this vehicle is short wheelbase.
I also have the adaptive cruise control but must admit at times wish it was standard. It's easy to find yourself slowing down behind the vehicle in front.

I have no hill decent, or difflock.
Hopefully this helps you.

Reactions: mmi
Hi there, yes this vehicle is short wheelbase.
I also have the adaptive cruise control but must admit at times wish it was standard. It's easy to find yourself slowing down behind the vehicle in front.

I have no hill decent, or difflock.
Hopefully this helps you.
Thank you very much - very helpful....

On T6 I have alleviated this ”problem” by setting the ACC distance setting to “medium/short range” value (especially on motorways). This way I’ll get on dash an early warning of closing vehicle well before braking takes place thus giving me time to change lane for overtaking (or disengage the ACC, etc).

If coolant heater software implementation logic of T6.1 is similar to T6 then below are details of preheat capable (without engine running). This is the software+coding installed up here in T6.1. Controlled either from overhead panel or from remote.
Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364)       Labels:* None
   Part No SW: 5WA 963 272 A    HW: 5WA 963 272 A
   Component: STH-VW37x     006 0010
   Serial number: 000000000000923
   Coding: 3543223854121512DCE519
   Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilHeateWOSVW38X 001009
   ROD: EV_AuxilHeateWOSVW38X_VW27.rod
   VCID: 4BC06D9D734C6EB94CE9-801E

Remote Control Auxiliary Heater:

No fault code found.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what are the acronyms for specific HEX... 3543223854121512DCE519 What changes are made to original long coding?
My is 31 43 22 18 54 12 15 12 DC E5 19.

Do you know what are the acronyms for specific HEX... 3543223854121512DCE519 What changes are made to original long coding?
My is 31 43 22 18 54 12 15 12 DC E5 19.
No, I don't have any more information than already posted (post #15) below

Back