Automute Sound Deadening

Jon

T6 Guru
I am now about to start adding sound deadening and insulation to my kombi.
Was going to use silent coat as most others do however I stumbled across this stuff.
I got samples of both and fancy this stuff as it just seems to be thicker and heavier ?
I also like the fact its gold and it says silence is golden and I am a sucker for things like that.
Should be a link below, not sure if anyone has tried it ?

AutoMute 2.2mm 40 Sheets Bulk Pack Car Van Sound Deadening Proofing Damping Mat

Hi Jon, how much to do a SWB, barn doors panel van?
Thanks Phil
No idea i was seeing if anyone had tried it and had an opinion.
I have ordered a bulk pack for £62 so will see how i get on and report back.

You can get 20 sheets off flea bay for £19.95

But they are smaller

Going to try this on the side walls at the back of my Kombi

Were the door panels easy to remove ?

And has this stuff made a difference?

Were the door panels easy to remove ?

And has this stuff made a difference?
for me take 1,5 h one dore complete striping and put back including put on stuff ,and diference is doors not more hollow and not more vibrations and sound is stronger and more clear ,i think that is good investment ,don't forget u need get rooler for laying this stuff

Good stuff thx. Got the roller and everything just need the time !

for me take 1,5 h one dore complete striping and put back including put on stuff ,and diference is doors not more hollow and not more vibrations and sound is stronger and more clear ,i think that is good investment ,don't forget u need get rooler for laying this stuff

How many clips did you have to replace, if any?

So i am slowly going round the van, Auto mute on everything i can get to. It is razor sharp on the cut edges but all seems to be going on well and certainly makes the panel much more dense. I have then put mega van mats dacron insulation on top. Then carpeted the original panels and fixed back on with Harrison's hidden clips. Still got the roof and front doors to do and everything feels a much nicer place to be already no rattling and definitely quieter. 20180715_150710.jpg 20180715_153216.jpg 20180715_161019.jpg

^^ like the pictures ....

Question .... where did you get the wheel arch protectors from?

^^ like the pictures ....

Question .... where did you get the wheel arch protectors from?
I think they are vanstyle, VW got me them after a Muppet technician made a mess of the arches in my last van a 5.1 never fitted tthem so i thought i would put them to good use.

Anyone know what happened to this company? Just gone to buy some more to carry on with what I did 18 months ago and there’s no sign of them online anymore.

Back