Auto Wiper And Auto Headlights

robinsonglenn

Hi all,

I fitted a new rear view mirror in my T6 67 Highline - one with built in dash cam/ reverse cam etc. That's fine and working great, but...

I was under the impression that auto headlights had a sensor built into the oem mirror and that auto wipers sensor was on the mirror mounting bracket to the windscreen. I did not remove any of the mounting bracket but now I seem to Have auto headlights but I've lost Auto Wipers :thumbsdown:

The original mirror had a circuit board in it which i had to disconnect to fit the new one, but if i plug it back in and leave it in the space above the reading light, i get back auto wipers, but lose auto headlights?

Anyone managed to change oem mirror and keep both auto headlights and auto wipers?

Thanks

I am not 100% sure mate.. i had one of those 2 hours where everything was tried twice. I was convinced that the oem mirror and the sensor in the back of it had something to do with it, so i actually reinstalled it. but in order to keep my shiny new multifunction mirror, i have actually put the old oem mirror into the roof void, above the centre ceiling console so its out the way. i even drilled a hole in the top of the sunglasses tray to allow ambient light to it. Ignition on and no auto wipers or auto lights - a quick connect to carista and turned off auto wipers then back on again seems to have fixed it. both auto lights and auto wipers working perfectly. (till someone shines a light into the overhead sunglasses tray at night probably)

:)

I’m a bit late to this but which reverse/dash cam mirror did you use and how did it fit to the VW mirror mounting bracket? Mines a 2016 T6 Highline with the sensor in the mirror.

Back