Auto Light Switch But No Auto Lights?

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi new to the forum.
I picked my 2016 shuttle up today.
What I noticed was I had an auto light switch. I done a search here before collecting as I wanted to upgrade to auto lights and wipers at some point.
I looked and the interior mirror does not have any sensors on the back. Just a standard mirror from what I can tell.
VCDS does not give any clues to auto lights being installed either.

What has thrown me more is the light switch slows front fogs where I do not have front fogs installed.
Can anyone shed some "light" as to what I may have please?
20191003_161529_resized.jpg 20191003_163511_resized.jpg

Maybe the previous owner, replaced the switch?

Turn the dial to off then press the dial in and twist to the right to remove it, have a look and see if you have a module or a sensor cable coming out of the rear of the switch
If your not sure take a pic and post it

Brill thank you. Just been having a search on how to remove but that was a nice, fast and simple explanation. awesome. going out now to have a look. :)

No other wires coming from it. Maybe someone replaced it for some random reason but at only 9k miles seems odd it would fail.

20191003_173834_resized.jpg 20191003_173839_resized.jpg 20191003_173844_resized.jpg 20191003_173849_resized.jpg

Thats weird, no sign of additional sensor being fitted but that looks like a genuine OE switch ?

I was going to say 3rd party autolights....

But same as above??

It looks like an oem switch?

Hi All
I would like to upgrade to autolights (H7) will any ebay vw jetta, golf work with Velle t6? thanks

Yes just make sure it has the small connector on the back, all the correct symbols on it (ie front/rear dogs) and the symbols/writing is at the correct angle

Back