Attacked By A Beast

Oldrat

Senior Crafter
T6 Legend
Camped in the New Forest this w/e and was attacked at 7am by Neddy the pony chewing our sliding door handle.:confused:

‘Er indoors thought it was me making the noise and vice versa :whistle:

Although it’s only minor scratches, I’d still like to put the damage right. It’s a colour matched handled (painted in the fastest colour, black) which could be filled and sprayed.

Can I just buy a colour matched replacement or am I better off repairing.

Included in my thoughts is the amount of wear and tear the handle gets and how robust a rattle can finish would be ?

Camped in the New Forest this w/e and was attacked at 7am by Neddy the pony chewing our sliding door handle.:confused:

‘Er indoors thought it was me making the noise and vice versa :whistle:

Although it’s only minor scratches, I’d still like to put the damage right. It’s a colour matched handled (painted in the fastest colour, black) which could be filled and sprayed.

Can I just buy a colour matched replacement or am I better off repairing.

Included in my thoughts is the amount of wear and tear the handle gets and how robust a rattle can finish would be ?

Personally I wouldn't use a rattle can, but that's just me.

Shame you aren't close to Leicester. Mine is in the bodyshop as we speak for the front end painted again, and few other bits. I'd of just put your handle with the other bits, and done it for nothing as we have the same colour.

20180924_133829.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind thought TS :thumbsup:.

If there had been more time I could have posted the handle up to you but it sounds like you are already on the case.

So I’m not keen on a rattle can for the reasons outlined and I might look at a breakers, I very much doubt that VW sell the item ready painted.

Anyone else got some paintwork need doing on their fast Black VW that I could piggy back off?

Thank you for the kind thought TS :thumbsup:.

If there had been more time I could have posted the handle up to you but it sounds like you are already on the case.

So I’m not keen on a rattle can for the reasons outlined and I might look at a breakers, I very much doubt that VW sell the item ready painted.

Anyone else got some paintwork need doing on their fast Black VW that I could piggy back off?

I finished all the bodywork today, and left everything in Primer this evening, so yes, I will be wet-flatting tomorrow and then painting the rest of the parts that need paint tomorrow.
VW don't do them already painted as far as I know, and as the best colour Black is actually quite a rare colour, I doubt you'd get one from a breakers, but you could check I guess.

Back