Anyone tried spraying alloys black T6.1

Paxo

Hi, I have standard vw alloys on my van and would love bigger black alloys but cost of wheels and tyres for something Spiderish is beyond us - I’ve looked on you tube about how to spray your own alloys black. They look great albeit rather glossy. Anyone tried this?

Are you using a compressor or rattle cans? If your using rattle cans just build it up slowly to a finish or it will run.

To do it to any sort of decent standard you'll end up spending more than you realise on all the materials to prep amd paint and unless you're particularly skilled and/or patient there's a good chance you might not be happy with the result. Best bet is to keep an eye on here, black wheels frequently come up for a steal.

Which section do I look for wheels and tyres?
I glean anything above 18 inch wheels can potentially be a problem in the event of an accident for insurance?

For Sale section, put whatever wheels on you want so long as you inform your insurers.

Which section do I look for wheels and tyres?
I glean anything above 18 inch wheels can potentially be a problem in the event of an accident for insurance?
You’ll have to tell your insurance when you change your wheels no matter what size you put on. Once they are happy, then you’re insured.
As long as your wheels are load rated for the van and the tyres are correctly load rated I can’t see a problem.

I got my 16s powder coated satin black. £260 if I remember correctly, and that was drive in drive out service, powder coating guys removed and refitted the wheels and tyres. Pic below (excuse the dirty van - taken after a motorway run in winter)1000023873.jpg

Back