Anyone made a lid for the big central dashboard recess?

GoatBoater

Senior Nerd
T6 Guru
Had anyone made (or better still, no of a commercially available) lid/cover for the large recess in the centre of the top of dashboard?

I've got a vague notion of mounting a 9" tablet up there for media & nav. I'm thinking it would be ideal to have a lid there both to hide it when not in use and to give some heat protection.

IMG_2835.JPG It would prob get in the way of your forward vision if it that was big though. I've got the comfort dash which has a lid on that part and here's a pic of a 7" monitor propped in for testing (wasn't driving with it like this)

I was going to rig it up with a bit of cardboard to see what it did for visibility. Does that 7” get in the way?

I hate the reflection of that shelf contents on the windscreen. Stupid design.

I looked at fittings the top try with lid .
But I think on the comfort dash its beveled into the tray ,so not sure it would be do able .
The tray with lid is about £100 .

I’ve got 2 T6’s,both vans I have hardwired and installed my tomtom to that recess which is an optimum field of view and use of this space,I even leave the sat nav on show because it looks part of the van and blends in well

I put a small iPad in front of ours on the Touareg, I also piped in some cold air from the vent pipe below to keep it cool in the sun. Perhaps someone could 3D print a pod to sit on top in place of the lid?

Back