Any Welsh Members?

Just joined and looking to invest in a Van this year, out of interest how did you find Broadway Van centre.
Bought our first van there last July, they were really helpful.
I shopped around far and wide for almost 2 years but always ended up back with them, luckily I don't live far either.
Had a few questions after purchasing and they were happy to help.

Hello

I have a 67 plate T6 with power assisted tailgate and soft close latch. The tailgate was working fine but I noticed that the latch wasn't pulling it in. No water leak through the seal and no noise coming in it just looks that it's not fully closed compared to a regular tailgate.

I read that the soft close latch has poor design and goes bad when it gets wet. Mine was all rotten inside so I replaced it for a regular latch. The tailgate was closing as usual and all seemed fine (cluster shows it's closed when it is closed and open when it is open).

Anyway, I was doing some carpeting and had to pull down the tailgate manually a few times and it seems I somehow messed up the automatic closing/opening and it no longer works. When I press the Close button on the tailgate it just beeps three times and does nothing.

Things I've tried so far:
- Disconnect the battery and try again
- Disconnect the battery, reconnect the battery, put the tailgate in fully open position and keep the close button pressed for 3-5 seconds until the hazard lights would flash (read about this on Tiguan forum) but it does not work. It still does the quick triple beep and nothing works
- Scanned with VCDS - no faults

I am really lost here, I want my tailgate to work but nothing seems to work. Is it because I removed the soft close latch? Funny thing is it was working fine for a few days before I closed it manually a couple of times when carpeting.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hello

I have a 67 plate T6 with power assisted tailgate and soft close latch. The tailgate was working fine but I noticed that the latch wasn't pulling it in. No water leak through the seal and no noise coming in it just looks that it's not fully closed compared to a regular tailgate.

I read that the soft close latch has poor design and goes bad when it gets wet. Mine was all rotten inside so I replaced it for a regular latch. The tailgate was closing as usual and all seemed fine (cluster shows it's closed when it is closed and open when it is open).

Anyway, I was doing some carpeting and had to pull down the tailgate manually a few times and it seems I somehow messed up the automatic closing/opening and it no longer works. When I press the Close button on the tailgate it just beeps three times and does nothing.

Things I've tried so far:
- Disconnect the battery and try again
- Disconnect the battery, reconnect the battery, put the tailgate in fully open position and keep the close button pressed for 3-5 seconds until the hazard lights would flash (read about this on Tiguan forum) but it does not work. It still does the quick triple beep and nothing works
- Scanned with VCDS - no faults

I am really lost here, I want my tailgate to work but nothing seems to work. Is it because I removed the soft close latch? Funny thing is it was working fine for a few days before I closed it manually a couple of times when carpeting.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Mine has started doing the same thing power latch not working And now tailgate will not close did you get any closer to a fix

Mine has started doing the same thing power latch not working And now tailgate will not close did you get any closer to a fix
Right so for the tailgate, I just waited a few days and it started working by itself. Had to relearn the correct closing angle. As for the latch - I bought a brand new one and it started latching again. The latch has quite a bad design and with time it leaks into the body which corrodes the contacts and it stops working. I applied silicone sealant all round to prevent that.

Can anyone here spot the problem with this single rear seat of my T6.1? That cannot be release/remove from its position.

Hi all new member to forum, just bought T6 67reg tredline ready to convert, hoping to use forum for ideas. was wondering about sd card for sat nav best place to get one thanks
Hello, I am about to put a deposit down on a camper from welsh coast campers.
What was your experience of them?

Back