Any owners of the Frontrunner Slimline Expedition Rack

Branwell

T6 Pro
I am thinking of buying the Frontrunner Expedition rack for my T6 Kombi SWB. Its an expensive purchase so looking for any real life experience with it away from the glossy website images. I am struggling to find reviews on it from T5/T6 owners.

Things I am interested in are how well does the black powdercoating stand up to use and are there any alternatives worth considering also. I'd prefer aluminium as steel will eventually rust as looks to be evident with older secondhand Rhino modular roof racks for sale.

Thanks in advance...

I have the slimline 11 rack on my T6.1 for over a year now with no issues of paint rubbing or chipping through use. As said it’s an expensive bit of kit however, in my experience you are buying a quality item with loads of options for how you use it. In my case I have a ally roof box tent that I use during the summer months and out of season I fit the optional rear rollers for help sliding oversize items onto the roof for my work. Hope that helps.

I have the slimline 11 rack on my T6.1 for over a year now with no issues of paint rubbing or chipping through use. As said it’s an expensive bit of kit however, in my experience you are buying a quality item with loads of options for how you use it. In my case I have a ally roof box tent that I use during the summer months and out of season I fit the optional rear rollers for help sliding oversize items onto the roof for my work. Hope that helps.
It does help thank you!

The thing that puts me off is the height. Looks quite raised, and the full length looks too long.

I really like the HGM rack (very low profile), but originating in Austria it's only available to EU countries.

I have one on a defender, well second as the first was replaced under warranty for corrosion.

I have had the new one for about a year and whilst I love the rack I'm not sure how long it will last!

Back