Any Musicians here?

My babies. :) Yamaha acoustic, EVH Frankie and EVH Wolfgang Standard Exotic.....got a 12 string acoustic too but it's El Cheapo and not that great to play.

IMG_4155.jpeg

I know I've been missing out but I've never really been tempted by EVH guitars. Mind you, I've never been into Les Pauls either - they've always felt just too heavy and unbalanced to me for some reason. My remaining Strat however feels like it's been made to measure - that said, I've had it for nearly 20 years now so it probably should! My downer on Les Pauls doesn't extend to all Gibsons however as I've also kept a 335 which I absolutely love.

Reactions: CAB
I have played the drums for years. Now just play for fun, not in any bands etc.
The kit is a Pearl Reference. I was lucky enough to buy it from a professional drummer friend of mine Andy Treacey (Faithless).
It was the kit he used on most of their international tours, Glastonbury, Alexandra Palace (2005) and their final gig at the Brixton Academy. :thumbsup:

View attachment 219483
Not only did you win (in my eyes) the best dressed garage, you have a drum kit with an unbeatable back story behind it!

As for me, I bought an acoustic guitar a few years ago, in the hope I might be able to play the odd song or 2, then soon realised that after 25 years of rugby and my fingers pointing in various directions that it was impossible for me to switch between chords without manually putting my fingers in place.

Rhythm was never my strong point, I'd struggle playing a triangle.

Not only did you win (in my eyes) the best dressed garage, you have a drum kit with an unbeatable back story behind it!

As for me, I bought an acoustic guitar a few years ago, in the hope I might be able to play the odd song or 2, then soon realised that after 25 years of rugby and my fingers pointing in various directions that it was impossible for me to switch between chords without manually putting my fingers in place.

Rhythm was never my strong point, I'd struggle playing a triangle.
Thanks very much!

@Cuffy the answer is to always play the guitar in private - after a while, you will begin to sound like Eric Clapton, albeit in your own head only. The rest of the world will still think you're crap but they will all be wrong.

Played the drums for years, in a little band but didn't play a lot of gigs. After moving to an appartment I got rid of my kits (had 2, a good one at the band practice cellar, and a leftover one to practice a bit at home), only to find out a couple of months later that our neighbour had 2 kits in his appartment :) ...

Now sadly no space nor soundproofing for a drumkit.... It makes a lot of noise, and an electronic one (had one for a while but got rid of it) is just not the same...

Played the drums for years, in a little band but didn't play a lot of gigs. After moving to an appartment I got rid of my kits (had 2, a good one at the band practice cellar, and a leftover one to practice a bit at home), only to find out a couple of months later that our neighbour had 2 kits in his appartment :) ...

Now sadly no space nor soundproofing for a drumkit.... It makes a lot of noise, and an electronic one (had one for a while but got rid of it) is just not the same...
Couldn't part with my kit or any of my other drum bits. I also have a Roland SPD-30 Octapad, but not a full electronic kit. Much prefer to stick with acoustic. Just need to be considerate of neighbours when I decide to play, but our roof/loft conversion has had some sound-proofing so not too bad... ;)

Back