Any drone gurus?

Kev23

QA Engineer
T6 Guru
I'm looking to purchase a drone and thinking about the DJI Mavic 2 pro or the Autal evo pro 2, anyone have any experience of these?

Sold my mavic pro to a chap on here, downgraded, BUT upgraded to the mavic AIR 2

unlees you’re a pro photographer and need the adjustable aperture and 1inch sensor, then I’d recommend Saving your cash on buying the pro 2 and get the air 2...

or wait for the pro 3 to be released

as for the other drone mentioned, never even heard of them!

when I say downgraded, upgraded,

the mavic air as a model is meant to be less capable that the mavic pro model... however the Original pro Is now behind the latest air on technology and camera tech.. hence the upgrade/downgrade

Autel appear to market competitors for DJI, although difficult to get in the uk.. I’ve been looking more to the DJI Mavic 2 pro with smart controller, I’m not bad At photo, but this will be used for work also. I’ve been looking at the heliguy website to purchase, can you recommend any where?

I sold my DJi Phantom 4 Pro after all the bad press around Gatwick Airport and National Trust sites banning all drone flights from their property. The Mavic series is much smaller and less obvious, if I bought another drone it would be the latest Mavic Pro from Heliguy DJI Drones - Official DJI™ Drones | Supplied by HELIGUY.com™ or even the Skidio 2 Skydio 2: The drone you've been waiting for..
It depends on what you want to do with it really. I also had the down-link to the DJI goggles which were fantastic.
I flew RC helicopters since 1987 with the later electric helis having 3 axis gyro stabilization, but I sold all my kit to get the Phantom 4 Pro which was very impressive camera wise, but on the large side which is why I suggest the smaller drone. DJi drones seem to have longer range and battery life than others I've tried. and the down-link video quality and flight info is very good.

Would you say the air 2 is ok for a 1st time drone owner?.

yeah brilliant starter drone, and with the latest obstacle avoidance you can’t go wrong... and a 10k 1080p range...

The further you go up the scale, you’re paying for the camera on all these drones.... the air 2 out performs the pro 1, but the pro 2 edges it... but for the extra 800/900 (with the smart controller) the gains arent 100% Better

Go with DJI all the time had phantom 3 and 4 and spark And now got Mavic pro would love to get pro 2 but don’t have the spare cash you can’t go wrong with dji the best drones

Back