Another leak help if poss

dandan88

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Any other info on this thread?

I’ve just found this…

Water Seems to be coming in under that white plastic

Any advice would be great- only I need to fleece the door in prep for my carpet lining

Cheers
FD4067CB-2A6B-4CF5-BF72-61A258570657.jpeg

That’s the tundish. From factory there is a sticky seal that stays soft. Mine has come away a couple of times and I’ve just pushed it back and it’s stayed put. Also check the drain tube is still attached and also running clear. Last time I had my door control mechanism replaced under warranty the VW dealer forgot to reattach the drainage tube.

Ok- so you mean just push it back against the door itself?
What is supposed to drop into that tundish?

Also you can quite see how the drain tube is attached to that can you? When I pull the drain tube from the bottom of the door it wont come- almost as if it’s attached to something but you can’t get your hand down the bottom of the door to tight squeeze

Thanks

The tundish collects water that passes the door handle. Yes push it back against the door skin. I think the tube is clipped towards the bottom of the door. The photo is how VW left mine. It just pushed back onto the tundish.E68AEF75-2B24-4A2A-96A1-B6EB64246351.jpeg

Ok thanks @Higgidav still proper baffled as to how pushing it assigns the door skin will solves this poxy leak but appreciate your help

If it’s not leaking from the sides of the tundish then the pipe is blocked. Try disconnecting the pipe from the tundish and blowing down the pipe.

Bump- any more info on this one guys?

Most appreciated

It’s doing me in now!

@Higgidav has given all the info already.
Water can leak in through the door handle. That container collects the water and routes it to the bottom of the door through the pipe. The container is attached to the door with flexible sealer which creates watertight seal.
If the water is leaking between the door and the container it's likely an issue with the sealer. Remove the container, cleanup the sealer on the container and degrease the container and the door. Apply new sealer. Sealer is similar to this:
YankMooM Butyl Sealant Tape 13Ft Butyl Sealing Rope for Car Truck Window Door RV Windshield Headlamps Headlight Butyl Rubber Glue Reseal https://amzn.eu/d/fuzfZec

have you removed yours before? Do you have to remove the handle etc to get at it?

Cheers

Back