Another consideration regarding Tailgate versus Rear Doors. Not for the squeamish.

Ouch! How did it happen exactly? I had a similar injury (but not as bad) from the tailgate on my old Audi SQ5 - you can vary how much it raises by a press of a button and I didn't realise that I had set it lower than my 6'1" by mistake resulting in yet another scar on my noggin. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to knock much sense into me.

Ouch! How did it happen exactly? I had a similar injury (but not as bad) from the tailgate on my old Audi SQ5 - you can vary how much it raises by a press of a button and I didn't realise that I had set it lower than my 6'1" by mistake resulting in yet another scar on my noggin. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to knock much sense into me.
1. New to the van.
2. Was parked only a foot or so from a brick wall and space was a bit tight.
3. Carefully stood to the side whilst I lowered the tailgate very slowly.
4. As soon as the end of the tailgate was lower than my head I slammed it down.
5. Forgot that further up the tailgate was the sharp corner on the bit that goes around the light cluster.
6. The Iresistable force met the not quite immovable object.
7. The world went black for a few seconds.
8. My wife later recovered the missing skin from the tailgate. The paint on the offending corner of the tailgate had chipped off in the collision.
9. I practiced swearingography.

1. New to the van.
5. Forgot that further up the tailgate was the sharp corner on the bit that goes around the light cluster.
8. My wife later recovered the missing skin from the tailgate. The paint on the offending corner of the tailgate had chipped off in the collision.

Oh man that sounds painful!

1. New to the van.

****ing hell!

Ouch!
Having recently converted from a 6ft box trailer to a standard height T6, this is exactly what I'm worried about doing! So used to running the bike up the ramp into the trailer without having to duck. Your post has reinforced the need for caution. May I suggest some suitable light anaesthetic, in liquid form is necessary?
Cheers
Mark

hope you got some stitches or strips on that otherwise it will heal horribly !!!
The wise words of someone who has not experienced the 5-12 hour wait to be given an initial assessment at Telford hospital’s A&E department. Unfortunately the incident happened on Sunday. On Monday I tried ringing my local surgery to see the doctor or nurse. I rang 46 times over three hours before I gave up. “ We are experiencing a high volume of calls and our queueing system is full - Please try again later……,,” (iPhones show the number of attempts). I will happily live with any scar - I am just very grateful that my thick skull protected me from anything more serious.

I only posted here as a warning to others but British hmour lightens things up a bit
Luckily it seems to be healing OK.

My niece’s husband works out of Bridlington on the boats (shellfish). They use superglue for injuries when at sea, which I think was its original purpose in military conflicts!

Back