Android Coolwalk - Discover Media

murphyabu

T6 Pro
Evening all,
Has anyone experienced the latest version of Android Auto (Coolwalk) on a Discover Media headunit yet?
Thanks

Evening all,
Has anyone experienced the latest version of Android Auto (Coolwalk) on a Discover Media headunit yet?
Thanks
Yep, works fine. Have android auto wireless via AAwireless. After the last AAWireless update, the initial connection can be slow once in a while, but once connected works flawlessly. If you want, can take a few pics tomorrow.

Are you having issues?

Yep, works fine. Have android auto wireless via AAwireless. After the last AAWireless update, the initial connection can be slow once in a while, but once connected works flawlessly. If you want, can take a few pics tomorrow.

Are you having issues?
No, no issues. I haven't received the update yet.
I just wasn't sure if all OEM headunits would be capable of displaying the new CoolWalk UI but I think the app is smart enough to figure out the real estate available on the headunit and adapt the display accordingly.
I would be interested in photos, thanks

No, no issues. I haven't received the update yet.
I just wasn't sure if all OEM headunits would be capable of displaying the new CoolWalk UI but I think the app is smart enough to figure out the real estate available on the headunit and adapt the display accordingly.
I would be interested in photos, thanks
Correct. The system figures out the real estate and adjusts to the system capabilities. Looks good.

I have a Pixel 6 XL and have had the update for the last 2 months. I am also subscribed to the beta testing program. That may have helped to get it faster.

Will add pics tomorrow.

Correct. The system figures out the real estate and adjusts to the system capabilities. Looks good.

I have a Pixel 6 XL and have had the update for the last 2 months. I am also subscribed to the beta testing program. That may have helped to get it faster.

Will add pics tomorrow.
Cheers, look forward to seeing it

This is the startup screen - in split mode.

1674214256778.png

a touch on the map area changes it to full screen - (which is the old format full screen map). I usually switch to this when driving). Notice the new icon right side bottom to switch back to the split screen.

1674213944899.png

From the split screen you can click on the 9 dots to go to the applications menu

1674214353946.png

I would love to see this on a 4:3 ratio larger screen. It would be awesome. In this case, it is not bad and it works well.

That's great mate, thank you. May eek another few months out of the OEM headunit then, although I bet it looks very smart on something like the 11" Alpine Halo

Back