Amdro Triple Kombi Bed

JoMcC

Having collected out new(ish) T32 Kombi we are now looking at adding some sleeping options.

Want to keep the Kombi seats so initially though the Exploria bed would be the answer.. and then came across the Amdro Kombi bed. Looks perfect for us as we want to keep the boot space as big as possible, so not having to have a parcel shelf like set up is a dream. Bikes can still get put in the back.

Before we order dies anyone have any experience (good or bad) of the bed. Or company please? Link here: VW transporter triple Kombi Bed

Did you order this in the end? The reason I’m keen on this is it looks like I might be able to fit a bicycle in it while the bed is down all the others seem to take up all the boot space.

I’m looking at the standard bed not the triple.

We ordered it last week and it was ready for delivery tomorrow (unfortunately we are not in so have had to delay delivery until next week).

Liked the look of it for the reasons you said - being able to still have a pretty big boot space whilst it is folded up.

Everyone I have dealt with at Amdro has been great. I will come an update once it is here.

It arrived! Customer service/etc has been faultless. Turned up yesterday and it took about 10 minutes to install (would be about half that next time) You just take the headrests off, fold the seat, put the bed over the folded seats, reattach the headrests, couple of bolt things and Da-Da..done.

We are very, very happy with it. Barely impinges on the boot space. And even when the bed is down you still have a couple of feet of bootspace.

Easy to convert to a bed (fold seats, unlatch 2 latches and unfold bed). Only slight niggle is the left hand seatbelt kind of slips behind when the seats are up - so a fiddle to get to it - but I think there will be an easy hook-like solution to that. Really pleased.

What I will say though is it would not be great for anyone really, really tall as (due to the need for it to clear the roof when you unfold it) it is not amazingly long. Works fine for my husband and I (he is 5'9" and his feet may dangle a bit - I am a short arse). So just be aware of that. But lovely and wide.

Will try and post some photos. And report back once we have had our first kip in it!

IMG_20180510_192135912.jpg

IMG_20180510_192121090.jpg

IMG_20180510_192305376.jpg

IMG_20180510_192429014.jpg

IMG_20180510_192436683.jpg

IMG_20180510_192441482.jpg

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'd rather do this than create a new one, we're looking for something like the Amdro. Its a royal pain taking out the bench Kombi seats every time we'd like to go on an adventure without the kids.
Did you manage to sleep on the bed? Has it stood the test of time? Anything you'd change?
I like the idea of potentially being able to put things under the bed and still have a couple of bikes near the tailgate.

Back