Amarok Black 5 spokes Genuine VW EBAY Listing *bargain*

T6 dork

Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
just seen these if you are into Black wheels , so just an heads up on a real bargain fit T6 T5

ebay.... £700

Those are suspiciously cheap.

You obviously have additional background info, so that's fine, but I always adopt the attitude that, until proven otherwise, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

This is timely, and I would like to ask a real numpty question if it doesn't derail the OP's thread:

I am in the market for some 16" wheels. Have worked out I like plain, simple, 5-spoke in silver.
Simon at Bognor Motors is getting me prices on some really lovely alloys which fit my criteria.
But having already looked around online and seen stuff from Wolfrace, Dezent and others I know that the price for 'named' alloys is going to be double a set of Amarok wheels. (There are some on eBay at present, don't know anything about the sellers, at £250)

So my long-winded request is why are Amarok wheels so popular for T6's?

Thanks in advance.

This is timely, and I would like to ask a real numpty question if it doesn't derail the OP's thread:

I am in the market for some 16" wheels. Have worked out I like plain, simple, 5-spoke in silver.
Simon at Bognor Motors is getting me prices on some really lovely alloys which fit my criteria.
But having already looked around online and seen stuff from Wolfrace, Dezent and others I know that the price for 'named' alloys is going to be double a set of Amarok wheels. (There are some on eBay at present, don't know anything about the sellers, at £250)

So my long-winded request is why are Amarok wheels so popular for T6's?

Thanks in advance.

I guess because they generally are of good quality and importantly they're load rated appropriately for our vans because they're made to suit a commercial vehicle with a tonne load capacity.

just seen these if you are into Black wheels , so just an heads up on a real bargain fit T6 T5

ebay....

These look like exactly what I’m looking for!
(…given my wonderful new van is a T32 but only has 102 load-rated 275/35/R20s - and from a VW dealer too! I figure I can sell the existing 20” alloys which are beautiful….)
And they’re still available!

A few questions if I may:
* You seem to have experience from this seller yes? All good and reliable?
* Will it fit a 255/45/R19 tyre? (You seem to be the King of Aragonits and a font of knowledge so I figure you know what works!)
*…and on that front I note from other comments that you often run 275/40/R19s yes? Does that really work on this on 19x8 wheel??? I’m surprised that that isn’t too wide?!
cheers

the 275 ones are a little wide but I've had no issues
255-45-19 will work well
this trader is an Audi parts seller next door to Audi main dealer in Crewe , I've been using them for years
i put 15mm spacers on the rear, none on the front and they look good

255-45-19 will work well
this trader is an Audi parts seller next door to Audi main dealer in Crewe , I've been using them for years
Grand. Thank you your T6 Dorkiness.

255-45-19 will work well
PS re 15mm spacers: was that for your 275s or a recommendation for the 255s based on something you’ve done before?

I was looking at these for the same price as some steel wheels

Oh you stop that! ;-)
I was considering the 19” ones to use with an all-season tyre…
…and now I’ve got to think about “investing” in the 19” for an a summer (or still all-season? I live at the edge of the west Highlands…) AND those 17” for a winter tyre or an AT set-up!!
Dagnammit!

Anyone have these fitted yet? I’ve got canteras on at the mo
so would be a straight tyre swap but would love to see them on a van

PS re 15mm spacers: was that for your 275s or a recommendation for the 255s based on something you’ve done before?
They’d be with the 255. I run 15mm with a similar wheel and they bring the rears out just right.

And there’s some for sale on the forum -

They’d be with the 255. I run 15mm with a similar wheel and they bring the rears out just right.

And there’s some for sale on the forum -
Thanks

im picking up my 2018 Caravelle tommorow and i might buy these Black ones for myself .. LOL ..

Oh you stop that! ;-)
I was considering the 19” ones to use with an all-season tyre…
…and now I’ve got to think about “investing” in the 19” for an a summer (or still all-season? I live at the edge of the west Highlands…) AND those 17” for a winter tyre or an AT set-up!!
Dagnammit!
I need to buy something before the end of the year. I am looking at used steel wheels and new tyres, maybe Falken Wild-thingys, or maybe these wheels.

Now on an Amarok they say 245, and T5/6 235. Do you think 245/60's would work?

Back