Alternative To Maxxcamp Fritz

MrsHSG

We have a Gen 6 Carravelle and I’m looking for a storage unit to fit on the seat runners. We are slowly converting but want to be able to remove everything for ultimate flexibility.

I’ve found the Fritz made by Maxxcamp but it’s really expensive plus expensive to ship to UK. Anyone know of any ready made alternatives.

MAXXCAMP | MultiModule »FRITZ« No. 1

Many thanks for any wisdom.

I could use something like that. Then I saw the price :eek:

What about a small ikea chest of drawers fitted to the velle rails?

What about getting in touch with @slidepods see if they could fettle you something up? I’ll be watching this with interest as I’d like something like this for the velle :)

All you need to do:
1. Buy a normal velle table, and take top off to use the base runners and mount onto something else.
Or 2.
But the items from @Pauly to make up the runners to mount to your creation.
However this is no easy task as you still need to utilies the 'lock' mech inorder to slide.

VW do fixing brackets for the rail, I believe the intended use is for fixing their cool boxes and stuff to the rails but can be adapted to fit possibly
@Loz has used a couple to make a rail for fixing his bikes to inside his California and I’m sure could provide some more details

What about getting in touch with @slidepods see if they could fettle you something up? I’ll be watching this with interest as I’d like something like this for the velle :)

Unlikely, I asked if they'd consider making up a simple draw unit that fits under my rear double seat and didn't even get a reply.
Thankfully my trusty mate @Captain Backfire came to the rescue and built me one that I still need to collect from down south.

I've been looking for something similar and have looked at a company called Furgomania...but not bought anything yet.

VW do fixing brackets for the rail, I believe the intended use is for fixing their cool boxes and stuff to the rails but can be adapted to fit possibly
@Loz has used a couple to make a rail for fixing his bikes to inside his California and I’m sure could provide some more details
These??
Plastic bit 7E8-885-749
Metal part 7H5-885-397

Back