Alpine halo fan noise

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Anyone else disappointed with the fan in the alpine halo ? oem units don’t seem to need to have a fan adding to noise in the van. I don’t recall the kenwood unit having annoying fan noise either .
Yet this alpine unit makes a considerable amount of noise when the engine is off.. it even comes back on and runs for about a minute after the unit is switched off ... I’ve just wired in a switch to run the unit off leisure battery when parked but I’m hardly using it due to the fan noise of the halo ... very disappointing

@osman have you checked the van is free from any obstructions? I can’t hear my Alpine HU fan however it’s fitted into the dash and not suspended like the Halo.

It could be that because of the design of the Halo you are able to hear the fan. Just a thought.

Yeh no obstructions the fan is in the back of the 1 din unit .. and it’s surprisingly loud considering there is a fair bit of plastic panelling in front of it .. no one will notice it whilst driving it’s just when sat quietly in the van chilling out. I may fit my original unit in the back to use when I’m parked up. It’s disappointing .. I like the halo when driving though.

I think the fan noise is a result of the one din unit fitted in a space that can accommodate a 2 din .. the oem unit has no fan . The Kenwood 9190 unit I had fitted had a fan but my suspicions are that I never noticed it due to the double din fitting .. basically blocking the fan noise .. the halo however is a single din and I’m inclined to suspect I’m hearing it a lot more due to the fact there is no physical object blocking the noise from coming out of the dash .. I will experiment with sound proofing materials ..

Back