Alloy Wheel Care

RayF

T6 Guru
Any recommendation for new alloy care products? I want to start as I hope to go on by caring for my new alloys and there are so many products that I was wondering what protection and cleaning products to use. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Any recommendation for new alloy care products? I want to start as I hope to go on by caring for my new alloys and there are so many products that I was wondering what protection and cleaning products to use. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
If they are brand new, you could always ceramic coat them to make future cleaning easier. It will also provide some minor protection from scratching from cleaning.
I'm sure there are experts on here that can suggest some products etc.

If your ceramic coating make sure you don’t do it any where damp, bloke at work done his and the ceramic coating reacted and has bloomed almost looks like milky spots on them

If your ceramic coating make sure you don’t do it any where damp, bloke at work done his and the ceramic coating reacted and has bloomed almost looks like milky spots on them
Oh right, good tip thanks. Make sure it’s a warmish day then :thumbsup:

I don’t know what wheels you have but I use one of these to clean mine, I can clean the inside of the barrel from the front through the spokes.

I don’t know what wheels you have but I use one of these to clean mine, I can clean the inside of the barrel from the front through the spokes.

That’s a good one, I have only used microfibre type wheel cleaners since I marked some wheels with those wire core type things. My wheels are satin black Ralley Raids and they’re brand new in storage awaiting my van in few months time. I’m looking at ceramic coating them but I’ll need to wait until it warms up outside.

I don’t know, Can I?
Yes you can. Ceramics will create a protective coating on satin and Matt finish wheels in exactly the same way it will on gloss wheels. You might find that the colour darkens slightly, there should be no change to gloss levels, but the colour may darken slightly.

You can always try it in a small section on the rear of the wheel first to make sure you are happy with the results before doing an entire wheel.

I'd ceramic coat with G-Techniq C5 or Gyeon Rim. The C5 is super easy to use, and is in fact precisely what i'm doing at this very moment, in my study whilst pretending to work!

I would definitely do them inside if you can because (i) the coat wont work if you do them outside now because it is too cold so this will prevent the coat from curing properly and (ii) the wheels should be out of the elements for 12-24 hours (ish) to cure

Last edited:
I'd ceramic coat with G-Techniq C5 or Gyeon Rim. The C5 is super easy to use, and is in fact precisely what i'm doing at this very moment, in my study whilst pretending to work!

I would definitely do them inside if you can because (i) the coat wont work if you do them outside now because it is too cold so this will prevent the coat from curing properly and (ii) the wheels should be out of the elements for 12-24 hours (ish) to cure
I came across this C5 earlier. How much do you need for 4 wheels? The website doesn’t exactly say 30ml is enough for all 4 wheels.

I have no choice but to do it outside as I live on a marina and I only have a storage shed. I suppose if I wait until I’ve got my van with the standard wheels still on it I could treat the new wheels and then leave them inside the van, and wait until a warm day

Back