All Weather Tyres On 20inch Rims

Paulriddler

VIP Member
Does anybody run all weather tyres on 20inch rims? I’m wondering wether to go down that road next time or get some all weather tyres on another set of wheels for the winter but I don’t really want to go down that route.

I don’t, but my mate put winter tyres on his Cayenne and they are 275/45 20 load rated so you should be able to find a suitable tyre.

While it’s a 4x4 it’s still a heavy beast (2.5+ Tonnes) and it certainly stops well in the snow and Ice. So I don’t think you have to go skinnier for winters.

However....

What I found was that the bigger winter tyres get seriously expensive. So worth looking at how they cost out compared with say 17 inch winters and a set of 2nd hand alloys. Also you need to factor in the cost of getting the tyres swapped as the seasons change.

Personally I reckon the second set of Wheels is the way forward, as it normally works out cheaper over a couple of years.

Thanks for the reply’s, certainly food for thought, I’m thinking that a decent set of all weathers on spare wheels is probably the best idea.

I’ve done a bit of reading on the forum and I think your right, I have my original alloys that came on the van so might get some of these for them I think. shame they don’t do them in 20’s.

I’ve done a bit of reading on the forum and I think your right, I have my original alloys that came on the van so might get some of these for them I think. shame they don’t do them in 20’s.
Not sure why no 19" and 20"; Michelin;Goodyear;Nokian all seem to be avoiding the larger wheel sizes

Ignoring diameter a narrower tyre is better in mud/snow/deep (standing) water.
I do prefer the look of 255's in some ways; but every other respect I think 235's are the best width for a T6, unless you've got a 360bhp mapped TSI :eek:, then you might need a bit more rubber;)

Back