Alkatec alloys anyone, plus wheel bolts confusion...

ahappychappie

T6 Guru
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of Alkatec alloys? A search brings back nothing... As always the spiel reads good, but real word... I can get the below at a very good price but wondered re quality. I'm on my second pair of Wolfrace already and they're starting to peel again - only ever cleaned with Bilt Hamber but aftermarket just don't deal with the grit etc, not sure if I'll just be repeating again with these...

Also, I've searched the forum lots and getting myself all confused... What bolts would I need for the below? If anyone can recommend a set - need one that includes locking bolts - I'd be extremely grateful (I'm not ordering from Wheelbase - hence need to order separately).

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Given search on the forum brought back nothing I thought I'd be struggling with someone who is running these.

However, I'd be really grateful if someone could take 2 mins to confirm the correct set of bolts required - got myself all a bit confused. As above ideally need reference to a set that includes locking bolts.

Thanks

Almost all aftermarket wheels will be 60deg taper seat bolts. Standard VW bolts are radius seat. Whoever is selling the wheels should be able to tell you.

@coullstar - thanks for your help.

I googled '60deg taper seat bolt' - the confusion I have is what length - link below matches exactly your description, however you'll see there are numerous length options available - is there a standard again? Apologies for my ignorance

Re contacting seller - Alloys are not from a dedicated wheel place - looks like they acquire bankrupts stock - hence no knowledge simply selling.

Thanks

Buy them, get a taper bolt any length and stick it in. You want 20mm sticking out the back. Measure and buy the appropriate set of bolts.

You have to watch and dont get ones that are too long though as something ABS sensor etc is behind the disc. Id buy the wheels then do some measuring against how much std bolts stick out and buy some that will match that,.

Back