Alarm Problems

Nickdaw

Retired
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
my alarm has just started to go off at night for no reason that I can see. It’s the factory fit one from new. How does the interior sensors work, all is okay if I push the button on the door puller. Just wondering if any one else has had any problems.
Thanks

depending on the factory alarm its either:

volt drop/lift & tilt/doors & bonnet pin switches/interior ultrasonic s that will trigger the alarm.

the b-pillar switch disables the ultrasonics. for that key cycle.

if you have access to any diagnostics kit the last 5-10 alarm activation's are logged in the BCM for "false alarm diagnostics"

ie VCDS/Autel/Verus-D10

as @Pauly says above check for critters, make sure all the doors & windows are fully closed and check that all the door locks are functioning properly.

this is where the17.jpg ultrasonic sensors are >

depending on the factory alarm its either:

volt drop/lift & tilt/doors & bonnet pin switches/interior ultrasonic s that will trigger the alarm.

the b-pillar switch disables the ultrasonics. for that key cycle.

if you have access to any diagnostics kit the last 5-10 alarm activation's are logged in the BCM for "false alarm diagnostics"

ie VCDS/Autel/Verus-D10

as @Pauly says above check for critters, make sure all the doors & windows are fully closed and check that all the door locks are functioning properly.

this is where theView attachment 25011 ultrasonic sensors are >
Thanks will have a look when I get home

My new t6 kombi alarm has been going off it’s driving me crazy. Where is the siren located so I can rip it out!!!!

Have you tried pressing the ultrasonic disable button on the a-pillar to see if its these that are setting it off.

Also alarm events are logged if you have VCDS?

Or you can call out VW ASSIST to do a scan.

Or book it into VW for a diag

Welcome to T6F by the way.

Have you tried pressing the ultrasonic disable button on the a-pillar to see if its these that are setting it off.

Also alarm events are logged if you have VCDS?

Or you can call out VW ASSIST to do a scan.

Or book it into VW for a diag

Welcome to T6F by the way.
B piller

Hi thank you for the welcome
The b pillar button works ok but is of little use - as when the children get something from the van they obviously don’t use the b button Anyway what a stupid place to put the button and what a stupid idea altogether. VW should at least provide a button on the key with the £40,000 lump of noise!!!
I wonder if I can get the alarm removed or permanently disabled.
Great idea - vw assist - I will call them tomorow for a scan and see if they have any ideas.
Thanks again for that idea

If its ultrasonic related, you can put a bit of tape over the sensors to disable them until you get the problem fixed.

What does double pressing the lock button do? (just to save me getting out of bed to look)

It has evolved and there was a whole topic on this but, it disables the volumetrics, jacking sensor and deadlocks the same as pressing the b pillar button.

A good reason to fix the alarm, because the temporary workaround leaves the van without deadlocking. (apart from taping over the sensors)

Personally I would empty a can of fly spray in there to start with.

Back