Aircon

Phantom

T6 Pro
Hi All!

So put aircon on last weekend, van has covered 7k and was warm air! It's going into VW tomorrow as I believe just a re-gas but who wants to guess what is the problem? Anyone else needed re-gas after 7k. 16 plate.

Van been converted so I'm guessing I will get the blame i.e warranty issues!!!!!!

:)

Nick

Which setting did you have it set on for the air direction?
There have been former threads relating to how you only get warm air regardless of what temp setting you've selected if the direction is set for the windscreen. I find that you have to turn the temp to extreme left (fully cold) in order to get anything other than hot air coming from the vents.
Hope this makes sense.

As above, if you leave the direction knob pointed at windscreen then air is always hot, any other position then the temp dial will work
By design or not its weird ??

I can third this. Confused the hell out of me at first.

Hot dry air is the best for de-misting, fairly sure my old E class did the same.

OMG, you are all well clever :)

I just got back and went outside and tried this! Yes the setting was not fully up on windscreen but quarter to the right but moved to 3' o clock and cold air! Well it's not exactly freezing but got significantly colder!

Quite tired but really appreciated as saves me a trip to VW in the morning which I really did not need. I will call them and tell them I fixed it ;-)

Thank you ever so much, soooooo happy I don't need to go to that place tomorrow! :))))

Nick

As above, if you leave the direction knob pointed at windscreen then air is always hot, any other position then the temp dial will work
By design or not its weird ??
According to VW this is done on purpose, as you need warm air to clear the screen efficiently! Annoys the heck out of me as I like to have the cold air circulation without it blowing straight at me.

According to VW this is done on purpose, as you need warm air to clear the screen efficiently! Annoys the heck out of me as I like to have the cold air circulation without it blowing straight at me.
Agreed its really bloody irritating i tend to move the dial half way to the next setting and it lets the temp work without fully diverting air

Hi All!

So put aircon on last weekend, van has covered 7k and was warm air! It's going into VW tomorrow as I believe just a re-gas but who wants to guess what is the problem? Anyone else needed re-gas after 7k. 16 plate.

Van been converted so I'm guessing I will get the blame i.e warranty issues!!!!!!

:)

Nick
My Caddy was the same warm air plus air con if set to windscreen.

If you have it on 18 and window selected it does blow cold, however turn the dial one bit and it goes hot.

Back